Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 753

  1. #11
    Active Member

    Array
    Swervyn-Ervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    A very quick google reveals is nothing special, unique, or new. Just a chosen rep range for a DUP setup...
    Read about Mike Zourdos instead.

    Tim.
    I didnt think it overly similar to Zourdos

    Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #12
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,061
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swervyn-Ervyn View Post
    I didnt think it overly similar to Zourdos

    Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk
    I was more referring to the undulation. but youre right, its more like wendler, a weekly undulation rather than daily.

    for strength gains, probably not optimal if looking to gain well in the big three(higher frequency tends to be better for that). but for general strength and size gains its probably plenty fine.

    it is a rehash though. nothing new at all. just a new wrapper.

    i found this link http://plantnplantnplantn.blogspot.c.../ogus-753.html
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 140kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #13
    Active Member

    Array
    WoodyAllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's another version of 531. Just with higher reps and lower weight.

    There is more than one way to skin a cat, but probably no more than 3 or 4. In other words, essentially all training programs are the same, just fiddling around with reps and sets.

    Find something that you like, stick to it for at least 6 months.


  • #14
    Active Member

    Array
    Swervyn-Ervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyAllen View Post
    It's another version of 531. Just with higher reps and lower weight.

    There is more than one way to skin a cat, but probably no more than 3 or 4. In other words, essentially all training programs are the same, just fiddling around with reps and sets.

    Find something that you like, stick to it for at least 6 months.
    Yeah, I'm doing a 531 version now, only been for around 3 months, I'll keep it there and add reps to my acc days

    Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk


  •   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Fucked up Kunce

    Array
    Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pluto
    Gender:
    Posts
    54,281
    Mentioned
    593 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What about 6/4/2?
    That could work.
    Iherb promo code ZSG863Hidden Content Hidden Content


  • #16
    Active Member

    Array
    steveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Gender:
    Posts
    3,737
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even numbers don't build muscle.


  • #17
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,061
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    6,4,2.
    7,5,3.
    5,3,1
    10,3,7
    10,4,8,3

    Etc etc.

    Doesnt matter. What matters is appropriate use of such rep ranges and total volume relating to where you are in your periodization or preparation for a comp or whatever.

    Tim.
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 140kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • #18
    Active Member

    Array
    WoodyAllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timeah View Post
    6,4,2.
    7,5,3.
    5,3,1
    10,3,7
    10,4,8,3

    Etc etc.

    Doesnt matter. What matters is appropriate use of such rep ranges and total volume relating to where you are in your periodization or preparation for a comp or whatever.

    Tim.

    .... 'n dat dere Cell Tech.....


  • #19
    Active Member

    Array
    Swervyn-Ervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My question isn't what numbers would work? I'm not that much of a clown... anyone who actually looked or knows the program will see its a HELL of a lot more reps and sets than wendler which part of me thinks that's a good thing, though part of me thinks less can be more

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


  • #20
    Captain Kunce

    Array
    Timeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    10,061
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swervyn-Ervyn View Post
    My question isn't what numbers would work? I'm not that much of a clown... anyone who actually looked or knows the program will see its a HELL of a lot more reps and sets than wendler which part of me thinks that's a good thing, though part of me thinks less can be more

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I was having a dig at shrek kunce. Heh.

    Whether or not More or Less is better depends entirely on the athletes ability to effectively recover from the training. So indeed, for some, more is better. For others, not so much.

    Tim.
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Lifts - Squat: 200kg Bench: 140kg Deadlift: 252.5kg
    Overhead Press: 80.5kg (05/09/18)
    Hidden Content


  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •