• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mostly nuts or a low fat protein bar.
Sometimes tuna and rice or leftovers from dinner.

Left overs from the night before, generally we prepare meals with this in mind.

If I make a curry or beef mince dish or similar I will make enough to make 2-3 days worth of lunches and put them in serving sized microwave safe glass containers and freeze them, Half my work shifts are usually afternoons, so I have dinner at work.

I vividly remember school canteens in Lebanon serving freshly boiled beetroot, sprinkled with bit of salt before sold to (us) kids. It was especially appreciated on a cold winter day.

Leftovers are fine if you have access to a nuker.
Some don't.

This.

I have to carry food that doesn't require heating for goodness.

I would love to be able to heat food for lunch, actually a lunch break would be nice as well.

I vividly remember school canteens in Lebanon serving freshly boiled beetroot, sprinkled with bit of salt before sold to (us) kids. It was especially appreciated on a cold winter day.

That actually sounds good. I love beetroot. Just gotta remember you ate it so you don't think you have bowel cancer the next day.

Who's work place does not have a microwave in 2016??

I am in the middle of no where and we have them for work, pretty sure it would be a OH&S thing these days.

There are other ways to heat your food than microwave as well. One of them cheap $20 burners from Supercheap or K Mart does a great job when out and about even when fishing or camping.

I have two of these, a single burner and double burner, bought the double burner for $30 on special and the single for $19.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pr...e-Stove-Single-Burner/381984?menuFrom=1021367

I do like how Mick loves telling us how he is the big outback man in the remote bush but now he is criticizing people that don't have a microwave at work. Lol.

No one here takes Salad and Meat? Or Protein Powder?

Not a fan of reheated meat dishes like steak or similar, I do take left over salad when there is some, prefer stuff like chilli mince dishes, stir fries, curries etc for work. Steak gets eaten freshly BBQ'd

I used to take a shake to work, don't really have them any more.

Last edited:
I do like how Mick loves telling us how he is the big outback man in the remote bush but now he is criticizing people that don't have a microwave at work. Lol.

You never seize to amaze me with your strange logic or should I say lack of logic.:confused:

Yes we do live in the outback in a remote location, not sure if that makes me a big outback man, there are plenty of people including women and children that live here also, so why are we not supposed to have a microwave:confused: We do have microwaves, running water, electricity, mobile phones, internet etc etc same as everyone else.

Mick -

sticker,375x360.u6.png

You never seize to amaze me with your strange logic or should I say lack of logic.:confused:

Yes we do live in the outback in a remote location, not sure if that makes me a big outback man, there are plenty of people including women and children that live here also, so why are we not supposed to have a microwave:confused: We do have microwaves, running water, electricity, mobile phones, internet etc etc same as everyone else.
As one father to another, I'm seriously proud of what you're doing for your family Big Man. I believe you've got your priorities in order by placing your family's wellbeing above all else. A great society is made up of many great family units, leading to one great nation that is built upon solid foundations for generations to come. Well done brother.

Last edited:
His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy. - Woody Allen

0fe087b57e70b3559d78ba6388be236d.jpg
Do they have a name for what’s ailing this man?

a01c4644c8d0f567651fc36e680b8961.jpg

"What's on your mind? If you'll forgive the overstatement."

94448e50ccd6ac83cdbe962d05760c40.jpg

carry on...:)

Last edited:

Living out in the sticks with the hilux in high range 4x4 at temperatures over would records. I would have guessed Big Mick for lunch would have caught a fish with his bare hands and cooked it on the fire that he started with two sticks then bench pressed a Kangaroo that he just run over in the ute for exercise. Not reaheated leftovers in the microwave.