• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sandin Face

The day before yesterday, I went to do some pull-ups - the kind where you grab the bar from behind, palms facing you - and as I started, there was this horrible ripping noise* from inside of the elbow of my right arm. It definitely sounded (and felt - although the pain wasn't much) as though I'd torn something.

I (stupidly) continued and did four reps, although I didn't let my arms straighten out completely between them.

There was pain in a muscle that a look at my strength anatomy book suggests is the "extensor carpi radialis longus", in an area about 10cm long by 4cm wide, and it felt really 'pumped". I was expecting a huge bruise to develop, but it didn't.

Fairly sore (DOMS-like, but very localised) for the rest of that day, and the following one (yesterday); not too bad today.

I haven't done any exercises involving this arm, or lifted anything heavy with it, since then.

Diagnoses?

Prognosis?

Advice?

:)

*the sound reminded me of something very specific, but I couldn't think what at the time. Later in the day, it came to me that it was exactly like the sound you get when you pull sellotape from a tape dispenser - like you get if you are packing boxes and applying the packing tape with one of those roll-on machines.

I've had this, the sound was like 50 knuckles cracking, surprisingly no pain.
Was a torn ligament, nothing you can do except let it heal itself, you'll probably find that the shape of your inner forearm will change slightly.

I've had this, the sound was like 50 knuckles cracking, surprisingly no pain.
Was a torn ligament, nothing you can do except let it heal itself, you'll probably find that the shape of your inner forearm will change slightly.

Yes, I thought it would be something like this. I figured that if it was muscle, then there would have been blood (a big bruise).

How long should it need to heal up? I don't want to fuck it by testing it too soon, but - as the pain has pretty much gone - there doesn't seem to be a way of knowing how it's going.