• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How long were you into lifting when you were able to bench your bodyweight?

About 9 months haha.
Weight kept moving! (And i didnt know anything). 80kg.
Then same as shrek...80-100. Fooking forever. Then it jumped to 112.5 pretty quick. Then forever to 120. Then 120 to 127.5 i think a year hahaha. Then i swithced to PA/IPF flat foot benching and it took another 9 months to get to 130x2 (today).

Tim.

how long did it take me to overhead press my bodyweight, 2 years.

bench press, a few months once I started training. Could only bench 55kg at 70kg bw when 17.

First go... and that was 100kg... when i was about 25.. struggling more now at 38, not quite making bodyweight (bw 115, bench 100x4) having just gotten back into it.

When I 1st started training I hated bench press - I did alot of 5x5 back in the day but still neglected bench press - so it honestly prob took me 6,7 years to bench my bodyweight - but from there added on alot of kg's fast - now it is one of my fav lifts.

One of my close friends has always been a total freak in the gym and was benching around 140-160kgs at 17-18yrs old weighing about 90-100kgs....just insane....