Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bulking and cutting

  1. #21
    I have Ep1c Calendar kunce

    Array
    Rugby88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    12,407
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ive seen alot of the time with "enhanced" bodybuilders they bulk into the comp - i.e there off-season is alot of the time when they eat the least amount of food.
    Broscience - They've done studies you know, 60% of the time it works all the time....

    "It's the rare individual who lets themselves be steered by what they feel is their own passion" Dave Tate





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #22
    Punxsutawney resident

    Array
    Repacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,819
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    Yeah, I was referring to the fully geared monsters that walk around at 125kg and onto the stage at 87
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Darkoz Hidden Content
    'Life was much simpler when there was just a dick and a snatch'.

    Click it, you know you want to..
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    http://au.evitamins.com/?ref=1444475


  • #23
    Punxsutawney resident

    Array
    Repacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,819
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Well since they are "Unassisted" they think they need to eat more to compensate for not being assisted.
    An enhanced athlete can still make gains on less since they have greater ability to be Nitrogen Positive..
    I suspected that's what you meant. Just had natty in there twice so could have gone either way.

    I would dispute that, there's no reason for an enhanced athlete to restrict calories as they can use them much more effectively, are less prone to getting fat, and can get lean faster.

    If a natty athlete has massively higher cals they will not use them as efficiently and will have a much harder time losing it, and it can take significantly longer to lose it.

    If someone thinks that keeping calories at 6000 a day is some substitute for vitamins they deserve to be fat.

    At the end of the day surplus is exactly that - surplus to your needs. A geared body can utilise more calories than a natty one. I see where you're coming from but I think that principle only really applies in relation to dieting.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Darkoz Hidden Content
    'Life was much simpler when there was just a dick and a snatch'.

    Click it, you know you want to..
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    http://au.evitamins.com/?ref=1444475


  •   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Fucked up Kunce

    Array
    Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pluto
    Gender:
    Posts
    54,611
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Repacked View Post
    I suspected that's what you meant. Just had natty in there twice so could have gone either way.

    I would dispute that, there's no reason for an enhanced athlete to restrict calories as they can use them much more effectively, are less prone to getting fat, and can get lean faster.

    If a natty athlete has massively higher cals they will not use them as efficiently and will have a much harder time losing it, and it can take significantly longer to lose it.

    If someone thinks that keeping calories at 6000 a day is some substitute for vitamins they deserve to be fat.

    At the end of the day surplus is exactly that - surplus to your needs. A geared body can utilise more calories than a natty one. I see where you're coming from but I think that principle only really applies in relation to dieting.
    I'd agree with you. The mindset is a great obstacle to overcome for many.
    Iherb promo code ZSG863Hidden Content Hidden Content


  • #25
    .

    Array
    Goosey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    20,826
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I not know what professionals do, so when I make comments it's usually about us.

    its interesting to hear Arnold say that during a "cut" phase they didn't have access to the cocktail of chemicals available to the current crop.
    he and they used to use a high volume approach to their workouts coupled with bouts of cardio.
    and a bottle of wine prior to the show.


    Actions verify priorities


  • #26
    Packing a Huge Member

    Array
    Grunta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,974
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    its interesting to hear Arnold say that during a "cut" phase they didn't have access to the cocktail of chemicals available to the current crop.
    he and they used to use a high volume approach to their workouts coupled with bouts of cardio.
    and a bottle of wine prior to the show.
    And they looked the goods back then.
    Dumb Kunce


  •   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #27
    Fucked up Kunce

    Array
    Shrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pluto
    Gender:
    Posts
    54,611
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hardly what you call ripped though. Wasn't much difference between their bulked state and ripped/cut state.
    Iherb promo code ZSG863Hidden Content Hidden Content


  • #28
    Stiffy
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah, but nowadays fark.

    Mast, Clen, DNP, T3 etc. Fark




  • #29
    Punxsutawney resident

    Array
    Repacked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    10,819
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't see the point of this - because they supposedly didn't have the range of compounds they're akin to natty? Rubbish. And I've seen natty competitors bring in better conditioning than Arnie did most of the time.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Darkoz Hidden Content
    'Life was much simpler when there was just a dick and a snatch'.

    Click it, you know you want to..
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    http://au.evitamins.com/?ref=1444475


  • #30
    -

    Array
    Darkoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    20,070
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Today being natural is a myth



  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •