• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
how does one work his way around his children ? How did/do you manage it ? What sacrifices did you have to do to keep lifting ? What did your children bring you, when it came to staying fit/healthy ? How are your children reacting to your efforts ? Do they seem interested/do they mimic you ? Do they ask to workout with you ?

Take away there iPad and computer
weres the good old days were kids played out side
now days parks are always empty

Take away there iPad and computer
weres the good old days were kids played out side
now days parks are always empty
talking about hitting the gym/working out when you have kids , time management

how does one work his way around his children ?
My girls have never been a cause of any obstacle for me to continuing working out.

How did/do you manage it ?
If everyone in the family has a schedule to follow (as my family does), then this situation of working out manages itself by itself. Everyone in my family works out, this way they all understand the importance to health (later in life) of being physically active today. It's basically "money" in the "health bank".

What sacrifices did you have to do to keep lifting ?
This question is not applicable to me at this stage in my life. Perhaps later, but somehow I don't think it'll be the case.

What did your children bring you, when it came to staying fit/healthy ?
If the question is materialistically related, then nothing. However if the question is pertaining to the psychological aspect of my being, then they have brought me plenty by simply being present in my life. That is to say that my incentive to be healthy and strong, has been further triggered / ignited by their very presence in my life, as my wish would be to be here for them, not in a needy type of a way, but rather a giving one instead. And for that, I need my physical as well as my mental wellbeing to be taken care of...today, and everyday.

How are your children reacting to your efforts ?
They're too busy with their own lives to focus on what I'm doing right now. Having said that, they do appreciate the fact that I'm not some dad who does not care about himself, but one who takes pride in being strong and healthy, both for me and for them.

Do they seem interested/do they mimic you ?
100% mimicking yes..., it's something I didn't realise at first, but it seems whichever direction I take, they are not far behind, emulating the way I eat and the way I train. It's funny because they don't (we don't as a family) talk too much about it, yet their actions speak much louder than their words.

Do they ask to workout with you ?
No, they have their own gym to go to, except (if this counts), my three year old Sumayah had a workout with me on Monday using the cable machine and a couple of 1kg baby dumbbells :)

Last edited:
My 5yo joins in. I don't invite him nor tell him to do stuff, but he mimics. "Papa I want to do skortz." To him "skortz" is any barbell exercise. Usually he gets the 8kg bar and deadlifts it once or twice then runs off to kick his ball around outside the garage. The other day he followed the deadlift with a reverse curl, aka a Crossfit Clean. He went to press it overhead as well but I stopped him. The vid's up on FB for my FB friends.

My 5yo joins in. I don't invite him nor tell him to do stuff, but he mimics. "Papa I want to do skortz." To him "skortz" is any barbell exercise. Usually he gets the 8kg bar and deadlifts it once or twice then runs off to kick his ball around outside the garage. The other day he followed the deadlift with a reverse curl, aka a Crossfit Clean. He went to press it overhead as well but I stopped him. The vid's up on FB for my FB friends.
Hahaha cute..., God bless!

how does one work his way around his children ? How did/do you manage it ?
I bought a free weight home setup so I could work in some lifting around the family schedule.

What sacrifices did you have to do to keep lifting ?
None really. If I wanted to train a certain day but I needed to look after the kids or take them places then I put them first. I used to be more OCD about training, but now I can live with missing a scheduled day here and there.

What did your children bring you, when it came to staying fit/healthy ?
They keep me pretty busy. I do more cardio than I would do otherwise with things like bike rides, walks and playing soccer.

How are your children reacting to your efforts ? Do they seem interested/do they mimic you ? Do they ask to workout with you ?
The kids love it. They come out with me and do some pull-ups. They deadlift little sandbags and do goblet squats with little pink dumbbells lol. It's crazy stuff - aged 4.5 and 2 years.