• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I was 89kg just before Christmas and my goal was to be as strong and 80kg, I'm now weighing at around 83kg

In no order of importance

Drinking a glass a water when waking.
Drinking lots of water throughout the day
Eat less than you think you need
lift weights and make cardio a part of it
Cut out all added sugar

The same thing does not work for everyone

my diet:

Breakfast, a bowl owl of oats and honey, full fat milk
Lunch, toasted cheese sandwich on sourdough or two eggs and a fried tomato on sourdough
snack, b4 dinner, spoonful of peanut butter
dinner, meat and lots of veg
desert, ice cream
1 shot of bourbon on ice.

drinking water all day.

Yeah true every body's body runs different
wow I do it way to much compared to others
but it's not how much
but what

Count calories from time to time. You'd be surprised at how much or little are in some foods. Then make an effort to stay within your target. Eye-balling it doesn't work if you're seriously trying to drop fat, unless of course you're obese.

Drinking a glass a water when waking.
Drinking lots of water throughout the day
Eat less than you think you need
lift weights and make cardio a part of it
Cut out all added sugar

A very good list IMO.

I would add drink coffee. Coffee tends to stop me eating without making me feel lethargic.

It's amazing how little food we actually require on a daily basis to live and train.

1. Measure and record macros. You can't manage what you can't measure.
2. Don't drop calories too quickly. Drop them as slowly as possible for the desired weight loss.
3. You can lose more weight faster at higher calorie and carbohydrate levels than super low
4. Incorporate regular re-feeds or higher carb periods to keep your metabolism moving
5. Listen to your body; if you are having major cravings there is a reason for it. Increase carbs for a couple of days. It will pay off.
6. If your diet is non-stop grueling, cravings and tiredness you're doing it wrong.

Another useless comment. This is a thread about dieting. Go and start a 5 tips on being a fat useless pain in the colon thread.

I was replying to Mick, I didn't quote and a couple posts got in between. Take a breath and relax. Isn't all about you.

1. Measure and record macros. You can't manage what you can't measure.
2. Don't drop calories too quickly. Drop them as slowly as possible for the desired weight loss.
3. You can lose more weight faster at higher calorie and carbohydrate levels than super low
4. Incorporate regular re-feeds or higher carb periods to keep your metabolism moving
5. Listen to your body; if you are having major cravings there is a reason for it. Increase carbs for a couple of days. It will pay off.
6. If your diet is non-stop grueling, cravings and tiredness you're doing it wrong.

Good advise. I'm all for it.

Pack will probably still try and disagree with me.

I can't stop cravings. What do I do?

Listen to them. Pizza and chips every second night.

I am of the thinking that there is nothing wrong with being hungry sometimes. Those people with no appetite don't seem to get it but some of us do. You sometimes just have to ignore it. Your body is planning for the next famine around the corner and wants to stack it on, it doesn't know that food is everywhere these days and you want to get shredded for summer.