• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
environment matters. I used to have choc bikkies and beer and stuff on the shopping list. I took them off. "If I really want them I'll have them, I'll walk the 600m to the shops to get them." Turned out I didn't often really want them.

I can't stop cravings. What do I do?

I generally find a coffee stops cravings, also not consuming carbs will stop cravings as most cravings are caused by carbs.

A diet high in fat and protein and low in carbs will generally have you feeling full and more satisfied as your body is not chasing that next sugar hit which is what most cravings are all about.

Bazza don't confuse cravings with hunger, two different things.

I am of the thinking that there is nothing wrong with being hungry sometimes. Those people with no appetite don't seem to get it but some of us do. You sometimes just have to ignore it. Your body is planning for the next famine around the corner and wants to stack it on, it doesn't know that food is everywhere these days and you want to get shredded for summer.

This. It's as if people are scared of being hungry or it must be avoided at all costs. Relax, we live in a world of abundance. There's no way you'll starve. It also makes eating more enjoyable.

This. It's as if people are scared of being hungry or it must be avoided at all costs. Relax, we live in a world of abundance. There's no way you'll starve. It also makes eating more enjoyable.

Realizing you are not going to starve if you are hungry for a couple hours makes dieting much easier.

If your are out and there is nothing that fits your diet. Just don't eat and find something later. You're not going to die.

Mick talks about low carb helping him. Don't make the mistake that what works for you works for everyone. Low carb is the worst possible diet I have done. No energy, loss of strength, looked like I had cancer. Terrible for me, works for others.

a lot of trainers point to the difficulty of knowing what bodyfat is once you get over 10%, so I think shrek suggesting 15-20% is more likely to cover all possibilities.

without some sort of scientific measurement, very difficult to know.

Mick talks about low carb helping him. Don't make the mistake that what works for you works for everyone. Low carb is the worst possible diet I have done. No energy, loss of strength, looked like I had cancer. Terrible for me, works for others.

Low carbs will control cravings, no doubt about it.

Again cravings are different to hunger and also different to weight loss.

Cravings can make weight loss hard, or harder than it has to be, hunger is fairly easy to satisfy without excess calorie consumption, cravings can be harder to satisfy as they often involve high energy (calorie) low volume foods, and satisfying these cravings will often lead to further cravings once the sugar 'high' is gone.

Not always the case, but I found that when consuming high protein and high fat with little to no carbs cravings for sugary foods and drinks disappear.

Obviously depends what you are having cravings for as well.

Low carbs will control cravings, no doubt about it.

Again cravings are different to hunger and also different to weight loss.

Cravings can make weight loss hard, or harder than it has to be, hunger is fairly easy to satisfy without excess calorie consumption, cravings can be harder to satisfy as they often involve high energy (calorie) low volume foods, and satisfying these cravings will often lead to further cravings once the sugar 'high' is gone.

Not always the case, but I found that when consuming high protein and high fat with little to no carbs cravings for sugary foods and drinks disappear.

Obviously depends what you are having cravings for as well.

For you Mick. Not for everyone.

The Two things that stand out for me is drinking that glass of water as soon as I get out of bed and that spoonful of peanut butter between lunch and dinner.

We all respond differently to exercise, we grow muscle at different rates, it then makes sense that we respond differently to what goes in the pie hole.

breakfast at 7am, I can have lunch any where between 10 am and 2pm, but peanut butter time is 5pm

cigs-luckies-144.jpg