• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Axx

Looking for wisdom from the usual suspects on ancillary exercises. I'm running 5/3/1 triumvarate, with quite a few ancillary exercises to choose from. What I'd like to hear is which exercises would complement, or work opposite each major lift muscle group.

Brief hx is Stronglifts, then Rippeltoes, now this. Reason for changes were actually injuries, partly due to form and more to do with age. Golfers elbow for Low Bar Back Squat, and Shoulder Impingement/rotator cuff from Snatch. 5/3/1 gives me the least amount of grief and allows plenty of recovery at 46 years.

Currently doing 5 mins cardio warm ups, 15 mins static and dynamic stretching, foam rolling.

Mon - Main - Squats, ancillary Front Squats, Good Mornings and Sit Ups.

Tues - Main - Bench, ancillary Pull Ups, Bent Over Rows and Sit Ups.

Thur - Main - Deadlift, ancillary SLDL, Back Extension,and Sit Ups.

Fri - Main - Press, ancillary Face Pulls, Chins, and Sit Ups.

I'm asking as I'm finding the Pull Ups difficult to keep form and wondering if they should be slotted or swapped elsewhere.

I am trying to fix or prehab any further weaknesses. And believe I read somewhere that Push/Pull ratio would be good at 1:2?

Also doing 2.5kg x 100 curls for Gainz....I mean elbow health on Wed.

Cheers

Last edited:
If pull ups are causing you grief swith to lat pull downs.
I get more out of medium grip pulldowns than pull ups.

I've also preferred higher rep lat pulldowns but you can also do negatives or use a band for some assistance.

Tried massaging the forearms for curing that golfers elbow?

Home gym so no Lat pull downs yet, but may diy it in future[emoji106]

Tried massaging but didn't do much, however did find a good stretch for upper back which in turn seems to have stopped me compensating with elbow/arm in question. I'll post a link on rehab section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk