• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

Who is looking forward to Rio Olympics, and what events?

I am an athletics fanatic, mainly running and jumps, but also enjoy freestyle swimming, track cycling and rowing.

Bolt v Gatlin in 100m should be one of highlights.

I actually prefer to watch world champs in all sports, gives me more things to watch throughout year. also, Olympics can send city broke.

Still I love global sport comps.

Yeah I get sick of these shitty rippletits quotes. What so we shouldn't watch any sport because there will be drug cheats in it.

Powerlifting is fun to do but stupidly boring to watch, especially with monos and all the rest. Weightlifting is interesting but they don't show it. Likewise discus, etc. Mostly it's just stuff they expect Aussies to medal in, like swimming.

It's not a rippetoe quote, Bazza, sorry to disappoint. And do you think my comment was directed against drug cheats, or against the delayed testing procedure? What next, exhume the bodies of the guys in the 1924 Tour De France and test them for cocaine and strychnine?

Powerlifting is fun to do but stupidly boring to watch, especially with monos and all the rest. Weightlifting is interesting but they don't show it. Likewise discus, etc. Mostly it's just stuff they expect Aussies to medal in, like swimming.

It's not a rippetoe quote, Bazza, sorry to disappoint. And do you think my comment was directed against drug cheats, or against the delayed testing procedure? What next, exhume the bodies of the guys in the 1924 Tour De France and test them for cocaine and strychnine?

Does it take that long??? Remember Ben Johnson was caught days after the 100M Final. USADA books UFC fighters 3 weeks after the test.

I think they keep the samples from Olympics etc for years to come just to test them again under newer technology.

Does it take that long??? Remember Ben Johnson was caught days after the 100M Final. USADA books UFC fighters 3 weeks after the test.

I think they keep the samples from Olympics etc for years to come just to test them again under newer technology.
Yep. The Bulgarian WL's got caught just days after the Beijing games or Athens, can't remember which one.

Last edited:
Does it take that long???
Mostly, no. But the few times where it's years later will of course be the ones who got gold - nobody's retesting the guy who came 12th.

They're still testing samples from 2008. It's stupid. Tech will always improve. Should we be testing 2008 samples in 2036? Once the games are over, that should be it. "But they got away with it!" Yes, so did the Soviets in 1956 when they didn't even have tests for anything. So what, move on.

Focus on the current athletes. And for fuck's sakes develop a proper test for HGH so we can finally bin some of Australia's swimmers.

My mistake. Marcos.

But I agree. Once it's over it should be over.

My mistake. Marcos.

But I agree. Once it's over it should be over.

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly. We should also apply that principle to Criminal Law as well. If I can Murder someone and today's investigation methods aren't good enough to catch me today, it should be over ;)

If you use performance-enhancing drugs to kill someone, sure. But if it's just to enhance performance... for fuck's sake, it's just sport. It's not worth chasing people down for years or decades later.

i don't understand, why not use technology at a later date. quite simple, think twice about cheating.

The concept that someone should not be punished for taking banned drugs, just because they passed a test at the olympics, is a bit silly if it is later found out they were cheating.

In my case I lost a fair Work commission case based on lies when the employer said I was not an employee, but the use of FOI gave me this which indicates fraud.

"Chris has an active sessional record but his last pay against this record was 19/12. I can terminate this record so it is
inactive".

Why should anyone walk away from abuse of the rules.

i don't understand, why not use technology at a later date. quite simple, think twice about cheating.

The concept that someone should not be punished for taking banned drugs, just because they passed a test at the olympics, is a bit silly if it is later found out they were cheating.

In my case I lost a fair Work commission case based on lies when the employer said I was not an employee, but the use of FOI gave me this which indicates fraud.

"Chris has an active sessional record but his last pay against this record was 19/12. I can terminate this record so it is
inactive".

Why should anyone walk away from abuse of the rules.

What about when rules have changed, should those who won prior to the changed rules be stripped of their winning?
But We're talking just sport here spart, not murder

If you use performance-enhancing drugs to kill someone, sure. But if it's just to enhance performance... for fuck's sake, it's just sport. It's not worth chasing people down for years or decades later.

what about theft, robbery and fraud. There is a lot of money at stake from winning a Gold medal. If a robber, thief or fraudster can get away with it today, they should be allowed to get away with it permanently you reckon.

Bad post Kyle. :p

Last edited: