• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
no, I think they should only be charged for taking something when it was clearly on banned list. For example, drug Sharapova was on, only became illegal past year; it would be ridiculous to test for that drug in past.

no, I think they should only be charged for taking something when it was clearly on banned list. For example, drug Sharapova was on, only became illegal past year; it would be ridiculous to test for that drug in past.

you can't charge someone for committing an offence that wasn't offence when they committed it.

But if Billyjoe was shooing Test Tren and Mast in 2000 and he made millions from winning his Gold medal and Duncan won Silver and is now working in the Heinz Baked Bean factory, I certainly reckon Duncan should get his Gold medal (and perhaps some compensation).

Fuck Billyjoe.

right on stiffy.

YaZRjA.gif

Why is it even an argument?
if you get pinged for taking an illegal yes an illegal substance you pay the crime

what about theft, robbery and fraud. There is a lot of money at stake from winning a Gold medal. If a robber, thief or fraudster can get away with it today, they should be allowed to get away with it permanently you reckon.

Bad post Kyle. :p

That's not what Kyle said El Flacido but you already knew that you shit stirrer

That's not what Kyle said El Flacido but you already knew that you shit stirrer

Come on penis breath. Even you and your highly skilled trolling can see he was referring to delayed testing and saying once they got away with it in the short term that they should be allowed to get away with it permanently. See below, you knob gobbler :D

They're still testing samples from 2008. It's stupid. Tech will always improve. Should we be testing 2008 samples in 2036? Once the games are over, that should be it. "But they got away with it!" Yes, so did the Soviets in 1956 when they didn't even have tests for anything. So what, move on.

for fuck's sake, it's just sport. It's not worth chasing people down for years or decades later.

You hear Athletes who get caught for one substance tell how the Testers failed to pick up other substances they were using. Wanna bet they sell that info to other Athletes.

Come on penis breath. Even you and your highly skilled trolling can see he was referring to delayed testing and saying once they got away with it in the short term that they should be allowed to get away with it permanently. See below, you knob gobbler :D

shuddup, testing years down the track is stupid

the two team sports I am looking forward to are rugby sevens and basketball with Australia having some chance for a minor medal. Would be a great achievement with basketball, but depth of world is pretty strong I think it is unlikely. Here is hoping though. Go Aussies.

I agree, should focus on those global sports which only have occasional world attention. golf and tennis have four major comps, and countless other important events.

yeah i dont have much interest in the Olympics at all, maybe some of the weight lighting, wrestling, judo, and cycling, but bet they will show bugger all of those sports.

what about theft, robbery and fraud. There is a lot of money at stake from winning a Gold medal.
The IOC doesn't pay athletes. Their home countries and companies they endorse pay them.

Their home countries are generally the ones giving them drugs - most doped athletes are doing it under the orders of or at least with a blind eye turned by their national sporting and drugs bodies - so it would be a bit rough for them to punish them. "We gave you drugs, and you took them, you bastard!"

The endorsing companies certainly have an interest in it, but does Nike donate to WADA? Is it WADA's job to protect some sportswear company's investment? Is ASADA working for Kelloggs?

How about if your sport gets no sponsorship, is it okay to cheat then? Does anyone sponsor clay pigeon shooting or archery? If there's no money involved can they cheat? How about a 16yo running in a state championship, there's no money in that. We don't test because money is involved, we test because we want sport to be fair.

Let's just test active athletes, and test people at their events. But we don't need to retest samples from years ago. There are a limited number of tests and limited funding for it, so every test you do on someone's sample from 2008 means one less test on someone in 2016. You're catching cheats from yesterday while letting cheats from today get away with it. I don't think that's the outcome anyone is hoping for.

Again, if 2008, why not 2004? 2000? 1996? 1924? At what point do we say, "fuck it, too late now"? Again: these aren't Nazi war criminals. It's just sports.

Last edited:
The IOC doesn't pay athletes. Their home countries and endorsing companies pay them.

Their home countries are generally the ones giving them drugs - most doped athletes are doing it under the orders of or at least with a blind eye turned by their national sporting and drugs bodies - so it would be a bit rough for them to punish them. "We gave you drugs, and you took them, you bastard!"

The endorsing companies certainly have an interest in it, but does Nike donate to WADA? Is it WADA's job to protect some sportswear company's investment? Is ASADA working for Kelloggs?

How about if your sport gets no sponsorship, is it okay to cheat then? Does anyone sponsor clay pigeon shooting or archery? If there's no money involved can they cheat? How about a 16yo running in a state championship, there's no money in that. We don't test because money is involved, we test because we want sport to be fair.

Let's just test active athletes, and test people at their events. But we don't need to retest samples from years ago. There are a limited number of tests and limited funding for it, so every test you do on someone's sample from 2008 means one less test on someone in 2016. You're catching cheats from yesterday while letting cheats from today get away with it. I don't think that's the outcome anyone is hoping for.

Again, if 2008, why not 2004? 2000? 1996? 1924? At what point do we say, "fuck it, too late now"? Again: these aren't Nazi war criminals. It's just sports.

but there is a lot of money and fame etc involved. You are 'ripping off' second place if you win by cheating. It is fraud as well.

It would only be a few Countries that have systemic doping too.

I think you make a good contribution on other topics Kyle, but here I think you are wrong.

Kyle brings up a good point though, at what point do you say its too far backt o bother testing? 2yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs???

I couldnt care less if they catch someone now who competed and is long since retired 5+yrs ago, made their money.