• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
looks like we only have one more gold medal chance in swimming (Horton), but 1500m has three good chances to win.

Atleast we won two mens individual freestyle events. have not done that for a while.

got to laugh though, one of Campbells states Olympics about trying not winning. pretty silly when you are current world champ and your sister was hot favorite based on semi results. they may be fast when pressure less evident, but as competitors nowhere near good enough for an Olympic final.

DDR women's swim team, 1976. These women were considered so large and muscular that it was obvious to all they were doping. They are smaller than most of the Aussie women swimmers now. Australian women have since beaten - years ago - every record set by the DDR women. Of course, if an Australia wins it's talent and nutrition and brilliant coaching. If some dirty foreigner wins it must be drugs.

76+Olympics+US+4x100meter+relay+gold.jpg

Will we see all these sports on YouTube at some stage, or has the IOC restricted that to some website? I'm in the dark here gents :(!

DDR women's swim team, 1976. These women were considered so large and muscular that it was obvious to all they were doping. They are smaller than most of the Aussie women swimmers now. Australian women have since beaten - years ago - every record set by the DDR women. Of course, if an Australia wins it's talent and nutrition and brilliant coaching. If some dirty foreigner wins it must be drugs.

View attachment 12008

Let us hope the chinese get banned too so we can win even more medals in future. I would like to see a games for those countries with WADA complaint testing programs, or hope more countries get banned like Kenya and so on. No country should be allowed to compete with a joke of testing system.

Of course, Spartacus.

It's the same in the gym: everyone weaker than me is a pussy, everyone stronger than me is on steroids.

Alternately: maybe they're all on drugs, and the ones who beat us are just better than us.

I was really lookin forward to watching Ilyin lift at Rio, but ...

"The most popular weightlifter in the world, Ilya Ilyin from Kazakhstan, stands to lose both his Olympic gold medals from 2008 and 2012, and the chance to win a third, which he was expected to do this summer.
Ilyin tested positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol when samples from London 2012 were retested. On Monday it was announced that he also tested positive for stanozolol in 2008, again on reanalysis carried out by the International Olympic Committee.
Ilyin, a multiple world record holder who has nearly 400,000 fans on social media, had attributed his many successes partly to his diet, first of horse meat then, after 2012, to his newly adopted vegetarianism".

I do not have faith in the IOC and I most certainly disagree with this new/ish system where old samples are kept for later analysis. It's no surprise to me that Ilya was full of roids, I'm only disappointed that he allowed himself to get caught out.

But then again, was he really caught out or was there an agenda to ensure his name would get tainted with steroids so the message of anti-doping can reach far and wide due to the fan following that he currently has?

fadi, I am surprised that anyone would try and cheat with drugs that can be tested for and where detection rates are constantly improving.

just to show how todays debacle was more mental than anything else, here are splits for 4x100m relay final.

relay
details
33px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia (AUS)
Emma McKeon (53.41)
Brittany Elmslie (53.12)
Bronte Campbell (52.15)
Cate Campbell (51.97)
Madison Wilson[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics#endnote_bb[/SUP]

[TD]3:30.65 WR[/TD]
[TD]
33px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States (USA)
Simone Manuel (53.36)
Abbey Weitzeil (52.56)
Dana Vollmer (53.18)
Katie Ledecky (52.79)
Amanda Weir[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics#endnote_bb[/SUP]
Lia Neal[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics#endnote_bb[/SUP]
Allison Schmitt[SUP]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics#endnote_bb[/SUP][/TD]
[TD]3:31.89 AM[/TD]
[TD]
33px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada (CAN)
Sandrine Mainville (53.86)
Chantal Van Landeghem (53.12)
Taylor Ruck (53.19)
Penny Oleksiak (52.72)
Michelle Williams[SUP][/SUP][/TD]

It amazes me how often the difference in elite sport (athletics, motor sport or otherwise) is hundredths or thousandths of a second.

fadi, I am surprised that anyone would try and cheat with drugs that can be tested for and where detection rates are constantly improving.
I can assure you that Winstrol is not a drug used by Olympic weightlifters, especially ones of Ilya's caliber and knowledge.

It would have been a lot more believable if they said he was caught with Oxandrolone in his system...but Winstrol!

yes, if you are slightly off at that level (top 8 in world), it looks quite bad. in reality, we are talking about half a second making all of the difference even over 100m swimming.

of course, if you fuck up start in 100m, it is all over. Asafa powell, evne when world record holder, just could not relax enough in big races.