• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

spartacus

I thought with all of the intellect on this site, matched by many sets of 16 inch arms, we could have a discussion about a key issue which affects our lives.

Johnny Walker alone has some finance experience, and I understand there are a number of land owning tycoons on site.

I have gone conservative in recent years putting all my money in cash, agreeing that bad times are ahead, yet market has taken off again in recent days.

Thoughts, muscleheads?

We have been paying a dude to handle our finances we can retire now if we want to.

my only advice is to start slamming money into super
stay healthy so you can enjoy it

I wish I had a bit more money, hopefully next ten years we can set ourselves up and daughter.

But, at moment, I am very conservative.

Super is good, but there will probably be a bit of volatility with shares in next few years.

Guy I listen to (Vern Gowdie) is very pessimistic about current situation.

There is a case for all the pessimism but it could be a while yet before the shit and the fan come into contact. I like the theory that interest rates are driving money into assets and causing bubbles. I like the theory that currency wars aimed at devaluing sovereign debt issues will bring gold to the fore as a currency. I just don't know when the run might start or end.

I have gone conservative in recent years putting all my money in cash, agreeing that bad times are ahead, yet market has taken off again in recent days.s?

And kept on going up. Hope you adjusted your portfolio Mate.
The most gains are made towards the end, when even dishwashers are investing in the Market.
Is it too late to readjust. Some still think it's years before a bust, but who knows.

I pray the market keeps going, I have all my money tied up in it.
I am in progress of developing 2 properties and have 3 more awaiting the bulldozer.

Although, I must say, the credit revision and new serviceability matrix has caused a dip that I felt. [MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION] ; can elaborate on that, as I only see it from the investor view, but it used to be a low easily met hurdle based on a family of 3 back in the 70s or so. now that it has been revised the borrowing criteria is much tougher meaning that kunce can only borrow 50-60% of what they could before, kunce loan applications are rejected a lot more often now.
Which means bad news for the grunta, cos grunta knocks down houses, builds swanky dual occs and happily sells them to kunce that can barely afford them.

Now that money is hard to get, kunce can’t buy, so prices are dipping, so the great grunta keeping his properties cos rent will skyrocket and he who has properties charges what he wants, as kunce have to live somewhere.
[MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION] ; you concur? Tell us the science behind it, just don’t put us to sleep with boring accounting crap.

Wasn't the tightening of Loan criteria due to the extra scrutiny due to the Royal Commission into Banks? They found we were headed for a Loan crisis like America had pre GFC if things kept going?
They say the Chinese are still buying but not living in the properties.

Wasn't the tightening of Loan criteria due to the extra scrutiny due to the Royal Commission into Banks? They found we were headed for a Loan crisis like America had pre GFC if things kept going?
They say the Chinese are still buying but not living in the properties.

I thought it was more of a precautionary measure as the matrix has not been revised since the 70s, but I’m sure there were some kunce worried we were heading down America’s financial path [MENTION=12409]Stiffy[/MENTION] ;
And yes, the Chingas are still keep the market afloat.