• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just to clarify.

when I say "just" I mean that in the context of just being, say...automatic, I don't think about it, I just do it, the motivation is intrinsic.

when I say it's a small part, there are so many other things that I enjoy as a result of being healthy, it doesn't mean that lifting weights is not number one priority in it.

I absolutely love the challenge of setting goals, albeit I often fail.

Current goals include bench press of 130kg at age 55, and at a skinny (and clean) 90kg bodyweight. Also getting my standing long jump over 2.70m.

No body's perfect
we all fail
we all make mistakes
its the ones that get back up try again
learn from your mistakes
fail then do it all over agian

are you sure that is realistic for you?

prolly not considering my 113kg frame. But you had me thinking. Back when I was doing all that Hill Sprinting for all those years and was only 96kg I prolly woulda had a good standing long jump I assume???

Always had very good footwork.

What motivates you to train and why??

Hi Nikko,

You've asked the question and gave your own reply (to get the ball rolling). I am impressed by your reply, because it indicates to me that you're using your insight rather than your sight, to see yourself in and at a moment into the future, that's what "progress' means in reality..., progress is a state that is to come.

For my reply to your question re motivation, please check page #2 of the below link, and perhaps the whole section under "The Mind" if sport's psychology interests you. Perchance you might see something you like and of benefit to you. Thank you.

http://www.ausbb.com/TheGospelOfFadi.pdf

prolly not considering my 113kg frame. But you had me thinking. Back when I was doing all that Hill Sprinting for all those years and was only 96kg I prolly woulda had a good standing long jump I assume???

What at good is a long jump in real life?

nfl use it, so cant be that useless can it. As does NRL and many other leading sports leagues.

good test of leg power.

I was only joking, I am sure you could beat me.

I was only joking, I am sure you could beat me.

what with, a stick? my fists????

Don't think I could long jump near that. I'll try it on my way to gym now. If I don't reply its coz I was woeful :D

Wow I really like you
you are very wise
have to met you one day
I still got more reading to do

Wow I really like you
you are very wise
have to met you one day
I still got more reading to do

Spartacus??? I wouldn't call him Gandhi, although he is built like him.

P.P.S. Are you single? Have you met @Repacked; yet? He was voted Ausbb's Bachelor of the Year two years in a row. He's a pic

attachment.php

He is handsome, intelligent, wealthy, caring and sharing, and Single!

Last edited by a moderator: