• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
THIS is one of the most common questions I get from women.

If you read no further the simple answer is … no. So the next question is, do you need it then? The answer to that is not so simple.
Most women want to be lean and fit looking. The misconceptions are that protein, especially powder, is reserved for bodybuilders and women who want to flex on stage and be bigger than their partners. The truth is that this kind of muscular physique requires a few more things … years of hard and specific training, genetics and/or usually some kind of steroid.
The fact is women generally don’t have enough testosterone to help them stack on the muscle like guys can.
When women lift weights or use body weighted exercises, they are more likely to achieve a lean, shapely body rather than a bulky and over muscular physique.
They’re more likely to have stronger bones, muscles and tendons and have their hormones better balanced with a healthier body composition. Their resting metabolic rate is higher and they burn more fat even at rest.
26b2a102fb2479195b5c3c98c2d9911f

Is it any wonder women are worried about protein powder, when the ads look like this?Source:istock

DO I NEED PROTEIN POWDER?
In short, not really. Protein powder is more of a convenient way to get decent protein into your body when you are on the run. It will either be broken down and used as an energy source, as building blocks to replace old muscle cells or form some new ones or could be stored as fat.
However fat storage is much more likely to be triggered by sugars and excess carbs (energy rich food) that are snuck into just about everything we eat.
Protein powders come in many forms such as whey from cows and rice from … well … rice. They are all generally rich in amino acids (as opposed to nuts and beans etc) and have lots of benefits.
However if you have the time and you can fit some form of protein in at each meal from things like fish, eggs, nuts legumes etc, than you may not need to worry about powders.
FIVE REASONS PROTEIN POWDER MAY BENEFIT YOU
1. Hunger control — It will fill you up and help with satiety, saving you from snacking on rubbish.
2. Convenience — Will help you get the recommended 1g/kg body weight per day of protein into your diet.
3. Avoid skinny fat — If trying to lose body fat it will help maintain muscle and may prevent muscle loss.
4. Everyone needs protein — we know its important for weight training, but if you’re an endurance athlete or simply love to run, you need to have adequate protein both for energy and rebuilding.
5. Anti-ageing — Whey protein is one of the richest sources of amino acids that are used to make glutathione in the body, a powerful antioxidant and important in telomere length (which is great for anti-ageing.)
We did survive on protein before the advent of powders so it is perfectly fine to get your protein requirements from other sources though.
Dr Tim Robards is a chiropractor and exercise scientist (B. Med. Sc, M. Chiro). Follow him on Twitter @MrTimRobards

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...y/news-story/c7cfcead3778de4e7e450c9281dfd30c

So "The Project" has begun?
Project gains
haha most chicks wanna fit into skinny jean
i just wanna get huge
so eat eat eat even when I'm full I keep eating
la Di Di da Di da
what a beautiful life

Project gains
haha most chicks wanna fit into skinny jean
i just wanna get huge
so eat eat eat even when I'm full I keep eating
la Di Di da Di da
what a beautiful life
That's awesome. Adjust as necessary though. Don't get too fat, although curves are sweet... sweeeeeeet [emoji3] [emoji3]

That's awesome. Adjust as necessary though. Don't get too fat, although curves are sweet... sweeeeeeet [emoji3] [emoji3]
Yeah so Iv been told
the thickness lol
merh as long as the muscles are growing
nothing wrong with the thickness
Haha dose mean I going to eat pizza everynight

yeah I think every body would love to see more ass
but that's rude
lucky for me I just go look the the mirror
:D