• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes, it would be interesting to know what clean and jerk record would be if there was o drug testing. alexeev lifted 256kg in 1976, and they rarely do better now.

Superhuman. Eddie does it again, with straps and no locked knees. All we need now is someone to do it properly........

500kg raw squat coming up in the next couple of years.

Superhuman. Eddie does it again, with straps and no locked knees. All we need now is someone to do it properly........

Thinking the same. Awesome effort no matter what but as far as I know it's not the deadlift world record in any PL fed.

I'd wish they'd stop claiming 'world records' for these sorts of things. Impressive feats of strength, but it takes away from those who do it unassisted.

I'd wish they'd stop claiming 'world records' for these sorts of things. Impressive feats of strength, but it takes away from those who do it unassisted.

Its a problem. What do you count? Where anything goes (Eddie Hall)? Where you deadlift in a powerlifting comp but only do the deadlift (Bennie Magnusson)? Where you deadlift as part as a proper powerlifting comp (Ed Coen)? Or you deadlift without a suit and get drug tested after (Brad Gillingham)?

I guess its not a lot different from saying your protein powder is "100% pure" or that gym lifts count.

get over it, it is a legitimate strongman event; I did not know powerlifting ha a monopoly on how exercises are conducted.

get over it, it is a legitimate strongman event; I did not know powerlifting ha a monopoly on how exercises are conducted.

Which is why it should be prefixed as a strongman deadlift. I enjoy watching strongman, but using straps and hitching is not the same as a powerlifting deadlift.

hqdefault.jpg