• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

I watched the film "The killing of America" back in 1981 when it came out, and witnessed first hand white racism against the blacks whilst in the US in 1983. What has changed since then I ask you? Is it a failing system when it comes to uprooting racism on one hand, and the building of trust between civilians and law enforcement officers on the other, and do you think we'll ever head in the same direction here in Australia?

It looks like payback time to me, as force is met with force.

Last edited:
can blame the 2nd amendment.

if guns wernt so prevelent cops wouldnt be so trigger happy. likewise with the cops being shot in dallas, civilian with an assault rifle. wouldnt happen in any other developed country

Slavery and a civil didn't help things, the country is just a tad different to ours, and the USA has its issues but it is a tad better than most other countries.

No, Australia won't go this way. We're not America, though many Aussies desperately wish we were.
In what way in particular Kyle? You mean more freedom with certain things, like gun ownership and license to carry etc., or something else?

I was extremely surprised to learn that in that peaceful march in Dallas Texas, some of the marchers had weapons on them...legally/openly! In 2015 Texas Legislature passed a bill to allow concealed handgun permit holders to begin carrying handguns openly. The bill was signed into law on June 13, 2015, and took effect on January 1, 2016. A License to Carry (LTC) is still required to carry a handgun openly or concealed in public.

Reading the above, and being from down under, if I was in that US state of Texas and saw a man openly carrying a gun, I would automatically presume (based on my Australian way of thinking), that that person belonged to some law enforcement firm. Wow is all I can exclaim! Would not feel safe being a police officer in that state. On the other hand, some might say and feel the exact opposite, as they would see your average citizen there as a potential "good samaritan" when the police is in need of one (make that an armed one).

In what way in particular Kyle? You mean more freedom with certain things, like gun ownership and license to carry etc., or something else?

I was extremely surprised to learn that in that peaceful march in Dallas Texas, some of the marchers had weapons on them...legally/openly! In 2015 Texas Legislature passed a bill to allow concealed handgun permit holders to begin carrying handguns openly. The bill was signed into law on June 13, 2015, and took effect on January 1, 2016. A License to Carry (LTC) is still required to carry a handgun openly or concealed in public.

Reading the above, and being from down under, if I was in that US state of Texas and saw a man openly carrying a gun, I would automatically presume (based on my Australian way of thinking), that that person belonged to some law enforcement firm. Wow is all I can exclaim! Would not feel safe being a police officer in that state. On the other hand, some might say and feel the exact opposite, as they would see your average citizen there as a potential "good samaritan" when the police is in need of one (make that an armed one).

its easy to see why cops are so trigger happy, i probably would be too! although its pretty clear they are more trigger happy with blacks due to the white mans fear of the black man.

and it goes back to the same old thing of having the means to do harm to someone. if somewhere here got them self into such a rage they wanted to murder police, they cant just pop into wall mart to buy a weapon to do this harm with. yes you could maybe stab a cop or two but you would be shot pretty quickly!

its easy to see why cops are so trigger happy, i probably would be too! although its pretty clear they are more trigger happy with blacks due to the white mans fear of the black man.
Johnny, I sincerely appreciate your point, and I can see where you're coming from my friend, however please see what you can make of this thought of mine. To be apprehensive of a black man because of X. Y. & Z is one thing, however if the black man (or any other man) does not pose any immediate danger to you, or threaten your life in any way (at the time of a particular incident), then how can you (a sane level minded police officer for example) not be able to distinguish between your conscious and subconscious mind?

and it goes back to the same old thing of having the means to do harm to someone. if somewhere here got them self into such a rage they wanted to murder police, they cant just pop into wall mart to buy a weapon to do this harm with. yes you could maybe stab a cop or two but you would be shot pretty quickly!
I clearly see and fully comprehend your reasoning Johnny. I would really like for someone on the pro-gun ownership/license to carry, to respond to Johnny's point please. The thrust of Johnnie's point is the ease of access one has to a gun.

Nah, culturally. US music, tv and film. Wanting to be a republic. Celebrating or complaining when the US Supreme Court votes a certain way. Using US spelling and - among those under 25 or so - pronunciation and accent. And even when the lefty types are talking, it's all in US terms, like saying "appropriating the cultures of people of color [sic]"; it's dumb because their issues are not our issues, and vice versa. Mindless acceptance of free trade and privatising everything. Babbling about freedom of speech as an excuse for being a **** to people. And so on.

If you've been to the US you see how different to us they really are, and then you come back and see how hard we're trying to be like them.

Johnny, I sincerely appreciate your point, and I can see where you're coming from my friend, however please see what you can make of this thought of mine. To be apprehensive of a black man because of X. Y. & Z is one thing, however if the black man (or any other man) does not pose any immediate danger to you, or threaten your life in any way (at the time of a particular incident), then how can you (a sane level minded police officer for example) not be able to distinguish between your conscious and subconscious mind?

well you would have to take into account whether the cop is just down right racist, or a killer in uniform. but in general americans are conditioned to be scared of black men.

Nah, culturally. US music, tv and film. Wanting to be a republic. Celebrating or complaining when the US Supreme Court votes a certain way. Using US spelling and - among those under 25 or so - pronunciation and accent. And even when the lefty types are talking, it's all in US terms, like saying "appropriating the cultures of people of color [sic]"; it's dumb because their issues are not our issues, and vice versa. Mindless acceptance of free trade and privatising everything. Babbling about freedom of speech as an excuse for being a **** to people. And so on.

If you've been to the US you see how different to us they really are, and then you come back and see how hard we're trying to be like them.

americans are very different to europeans and australians, you wouldnt know it from film and tv, but if you are close to any americans or spend time there it is glaringly obvious. in alot of way their differences are positive things, like more traditional values, excellent manners, respect etc

Yes, they're well-mannered. But then they might shoot you. So I'll take Aussie crassness, thanks.

you really think an american is just going to shoot you? lol. the chances of encountering gun violence on a trip to america, short of going looking for it, its next to zero.

Since we have decided that generalising is acceptable, how about the over representation of african american men in the kinds of statistics that might make others nervous in certain situations.

I am still looking forward to trip to a great city and country, but then again I have little to fear.