• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The lefty types are all high and mighty against the racial profiling and generalizations ect. Is it right, no but you are in the states walking around at night and a big black bloke looking at you reaches into his jacket, what are thinking? Anyone saying they are fine with it and nothing crosses their mind is full of shit.

As for the cops, it looks like they have made some mistakes. Not giving them no blame but they are only human. Put yourself in their situation, make the wrong split second decision and that's the end.

you really think an american is just going to shoot you?
Maybe if he's a cop pulling me over for a broken tail-light. Australian police shoot 4-6 people a year. If the US police killed people in proportion, it's be 70-90. In fact it's 1,250 - vs the 42 police killed by civilians last year. So the police shoot people at about 15 times the rate Aussie police do, with overall 4 times the violent crime rate.

Australia's firearms homicide rate: 0.16 per 100,000. USA's: 3.43 per 100,000. Thus, an American is 21.43 times more likely to shoot you than an Australian. Yes, some areas are more dangerous than others. But maybe you just get unlucky and get caught in the crossfire when someone flips out one day.

They also have 4 times the accidental shooting rate we do. Toddlers blowing away their mums, that sort of thing. So even non-criminal Americans aren't safe handling firearms. They're tooirresponsible.

The USA also has twice the rate of fatal car accidents we do. And during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, RAAF pilots scrubbed 25% of missions because they thought the target was too close to some protected structure, like a home or school; the USAF scrubbed 2% of missions.

The USA is quite simply a more irresponsible, jumpy and aggressive country than is Australia. People like the guy misidentified as a suspect at the Dallas police shootings carrying AR-15s at a non-violent protest.

Maybe if he's a cop pulling me over for a broken tail-light. Australian police shoot 4-6 people a year. If the US police killed people in proportion, it's be 70-90. In fact it's 1,250 - vs the 42 police killed by civilians last year. So the police shoot people at about 15 times the rate Aussie police do, with overall 4 times the violent crime rate.

Australia's firearms homicide rate: 0.16 per 100,000. USA's: 3.43 per 100,000. Thus, an American is 21.43 times more likely to shoot you than an Australian. Yes, some areas are more dangerous than others. But maybe you just get unlucky and get caught in the crossfire when someone flips out one day.

They also have 4 times the accidental shooting rate we do. Toddlers blowing away their mums, that sort of thing. So even non-criminal Americans aren't safe handling firearms. They're tooirresponsible.

The USA also has twice the rate of fatal car accidents we do. And during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, RAAF pilots scrubbed 25% of missions because they thought the target was too close to some protected structure, like a home or school; the USAF scrubbed 2% of missions.

The USA is quite simply a more irresponsible, jumpy and aggressive country than is Australia. People like the guy misidentified as a suspect at the Dallas police shootings carrying AR-15s at a non-violent protest.

your white. and as this post highlights you dont have much to worry about.

Saw this thread, came in expecting the usual responses. Was not disappointed.

Blame the NRA, 2nd Amendment yada yada yada.

More whites are killed by cops than blacks, but blacks proportionally commit a lot more violent crime. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-43

If people were truly concerned about the amount of black people being killed, 90% of those are killed by their fellow African Americans. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...f_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2014.xls

Personally I blame Obama race baiter in chief (especially by his endorsement of the organized thuggery of Black Lives Matter) and the mainstream media for whipping up a false narrative of systematic racism, and celebrating criminals who provoked police or refused to comply as some sort of martyrs. That's not to say that all cops are perfect, or that genuine use of excessive force or execution style shootings should not be prosecuted either.

If there was a link between gun availability and violent crime, California and Chicago would have some of the lowest firearm homicide rates in the US. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-20

I don't personally see the point in open carry, apart from the visual deterrent, as it could potentially make you an obvious target if things go down. The police killer used a fixed magazine SKS, which is loaded with stripper clips (more akin to a bolt action style feed system) rather than the media's favorite tool of blame, the AR-15.

so bozo do you think the cops shooting that guy on the ground was legit?

The guy with an extensive history of violent crime, who was waving a gun around, refused to comply and then was reaching for something when he was shot?

Yep. It's sad to see that justice was not done (and the fact that a life was taken), but why should the cops be forced to risk their lives any more than necessary?

As for the one in the car, we still don't know exactly what happened apart from what the girlfriend claimed in her livestream.

Since we have decided that generalising is acceptable, how about the over representation of african american men in the kinds of statistics that might make others nervous in certain situations.

Such as the statistic that presently there are more afro American men in the correctional system than there are in the education system?
Who would get nervous about that?

The guy with an extensive history of violent crime, who was waving a gun around, refused to comply and then was reaching for something when he was shot?

Yep. It's sad to see that justice was not done (and the fact that a life was taken), but why should the cops be forced to risk their lives any more than necessary?

As for the one in the car, we still don't know exactly what happened apart from what the girlfriend claimed in her livestream.

well thanks for proving you know nothing about these subjects.

for one he wasnt waving a gun about.

I have personally been in that situation 100s of times working as a bouncer, not an armchair expert like you. that guy was very little threat at all, its not that hard to restrain someone when in the position from the cops. regardless of what was in his pocket his hands were empty at the time, so couldn't even use it. the cops also had numerous options before going lethal, could of choked him, smashed his head in with the but of the gun, tazerd, used basic restraints to stop him moving or going for the gun (which no one saw). that was a complete over use of force, and unlike you I have restrained 100s of people, some with knifes in exactly the same situation.

i have 0 doubt that cop will be in alot of trouble.

The 911 call was made in regards to him having a firearm. If you are armed, try and resist violently to being arrested and get shot, the cop shouldn't be blamed. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? You're acting quite the armchair expert yourself here too.

If he'd just complied, he wouldn't have been shot. I get really tired of the BS narrative that these people are "good boys" who "didn't do nothin". At least the cops there shoot the bad gun instead of bystanders like they do here.

From the wiki article "One officer exclaimed, "He's got a gun! Gun!" One of the officers yelled, "If you fucking move, I swear to God!" Then, Officer Salamoni was heard on the video saying, "Lake, he's going for the gun!" One of the officers aimed his gun at Sterling's body, then three gunshots are heard, and then the camera pans away; just before the camera pans back, three more gunshots are heard. The police officer sitting on Alton's chest is out of the picture, and the officer who drew the gun is about a meter away with his gun trained on Alton, who has a clear gunshot in his chest.[SUP][11][/SUP] According to witness Abdullah Muflahi, the officers then retrieved a firearm from Sterling's pocket."

lol, if you think lethal force was justified there and the last resort (as it should be) you have no clue what your on about, im guessing you have 0 personal experience in these situations..correct?

The 911 call was made in regards to him having a firearm. If you are armed, try and resist violently to being arrested and get shot, the cop shouldn't be blamed. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? You're acting quite the armchair expert yourself here too.

If he'd just complied, he wouldn't have been shot. I get really tired of the BS narrative that these people are "good boys" who "didn't do nothin". At least the cops there shoot the bad gun instead of bystanders like they do here.

From the wiki article "One officer exclaimed, "He's got a gun! Gun!" One of the officers yelled, "If you fucking move, I swear to God!" Then, Officer Salamoni was heard on the video saying, "Lake, he's going for the gun!" One of the officers aimed his gun at Sterling's body, then three gunshots are heard, and then the camera pans away; just before the camera pans back, three more gunshots are heard. The police officer sitting on Alton's chest is out of the picture, and the officer who drew the gun is about a meter away with his gun trained on Alton, who has a clear gunshot in his chest.[SUP][11][/SUP] According to witness Abdullah Muflahi, the officers then retrieved a firearm from Sterling's pocket."
That's not quite what the video showed
The man was tasered twice and then for no apparent reason, as far as I could see in the video, he was heavily body slammed to the ground, he was not waving a gun around.
Now in that position with both of the officers on top of him pinning him face down, he was in no way a threat to the officers.

What I find odd though is that the reason the officers were there in the first place was because an anonymous 911 call was made claiming a black guy was threatening them with a gun and yet one of the officers yells out in surprise while pinning the guy down, "he's got a gun!"
There is nothing in that video that suggests the cops had any reason to shoot the man dead.

The man was tasered twice and then for no apparent reason, as far as I could see in the video, he was heavily body slammed to the ground, he was not waving a gun around.
Now in that position with both of the officers on top of him pinning him face down, he was in no way a threat to the officers.

What I find odd though is that the reason the officers were there in the first place was because an anonymous 911 call was made claiming a black guy was threatening them with a gun and yet one of the officers yells out in surprise while pinning the guy down, "he's got a gun!"
There is nothing in that video that suggests the cops had any reason to shoot the man dead.

bozo is clearly just a wana be gun slinger, probably making up for a small pecker who knows. bet his fav game on the ps4 is GTA

I suppose the investigation will show whether the force used was excessive.

EDIT: A gun was found on him. You could see in the second video that they did not have his right hand under control. Would it have been preferable if they didn't shoot him, and one of the cops had been shot and killed?

Last edited:
bozo is clearly just a wana be gun slinger, probably making up for a small pecker who knows. bet his fav game on the ps4 is GTA

Bud I don't know why you post in this section, when every single thread you start with the strawman fallacies and personal attacks. If you can't handle the conversation, don't post.

I honestly hope that I never have to be in that situation, especially due to self defense laws in Australia being what they are, that's another topic though.

I don't expect cops to risk their lives unnecessarily with non compliant offenders (and especially those whom are identified as dangerous / repeat offenders), and I find that it's easy for armchair experts to crap on about "oh they should have tased / shot in the leg / pepper sprayed" etc. I've personally seen big blokes take a pepper spray hit and keep charging, tazing is also not 100% effective, especially if the offender is wearing loose clothing.

Have you noticed that with rare exception, it's almost never someone who's simply doing what they are told and complying with the cop that this sort of thing happens to?

EDIT: A gun was found on him. You could see in the second video that they did not have his right hand under control. Would it have been preferable if they didn't shoot him, and one of the cops had been shot and killed?
The law over there says he can legally carry a gun, so that is no reason to kill him
There were two big cops sitting on top of him, if that wasn't under control then perhaps they should re-think their line of work
It would be preferrable that no-one got shot and killed.

Now I'm not defending anyone here but the video to me shows that excessive force was used.

Last edited: