• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Whilst I understand where you're coming from and don't believe they are a contributing factor, you can't say they aren't working as they very well may be. They're just over ridden by a much more powerful substance

I don't believe the main stream type of supplement you buy in the shop is contributing to increased muscle tissue.

what is fact?

it burns a hole in your pocket.
resistance builds strength, the byproduct of size and flexibility.
*Food* supplies the nutrients.
sleep enables all this to happen.

Yes but what if it is more convenient or economical to buy those nutrients in powdered form?

Nothing personal with the next comment, just an observation but we seem to always go around in circles with the same debates in this place. Like some kind of circle jerk mass debate

yes, they work, especially if you are stupid enough not to utilise food products which will give you all the protein, fats, carbs, minerals and vitamins you need.

there may be a few people that cannot eat enough calories, but I reckon they could with a bit of help and knowledge.

Not this again. People have short term memory after sup studies are posted and nobody refutes them.

I consume protein in a powdered form, my protein intake has been increased. OMG, it worked.
I consume caffeine or a nitric oxide booster, my body has been stimulated with increased vasodilatation. OMG it worked.

For the people whinging about sups, what exactly are the ones you disapprove of? It's such a blanket dull argument by lazy people to say "sups don't work". And to think this is a bodybuilding forum.

Last edited:
yes, they work, especially if you are stupid enough not to utilise food products which will give you all the protein, fats, carbs, minerals and vitamins you need.

captain-picard-facepalm.jpg

How much tuna or beef are you eating to get a clinical dose of creatine?

Creatine has never worked on me for strength gains besides looking a bit fuller. I have asked a few people to try it out, but they too got no gain from it.

yes, It may work on people with low creatine levels, so I qualify my previous statements to say that some supplements may provide benefit.

But in the scheme of things, from a bb point of view in terms of aiding mass, I say assistance would be negligible.

Yes but what if it is more convenient or economical to buy those nutrients in powdered form?

Nothing personal with the next comment, just an observation but we seem to always go around in circles with the same debates in this place. Like some kind of circle jerk mass debate

I just like my food in "whole" form.

ive been lifting for thirty years, I say this only to add perspective, I've given many things a go, all except chemical enhancement, I think it is equally important for people to voice their opposing opinion, this is a forum.

the facts are; resistance work and good food builds a body, in size, strength and health, the third being the most important.

if one is not interested in health, that's fine too.

if you take "supplements" and you think they work, that's fine.

I just like my food in "whole" form.

ive been lifting for thirty years, I say this only to add perspective, I've given many things a go, all except chemical enhancement, I think it is equally important for people to voice their opposing opinion, this is a forum.

the facts are; resistance work and good food builds a body, in size, strength and health, the third being the most important.

if one is not interested in health, that's fine too.

if you take "supplements" and you think they work, that's fine.

I appreciate that you can see both sides of the coin. Thanks for that Goosey

Other thing when talking building a body naturally is genetics, regardless of what some think, this will play a big part, some people are just disposed to building size more easily the others, just like some people can put away the food like a madman and still be a stick figure.....

Other thing when talking building a body naturally is genetics, regardless of what some think, this will play a big part, some people are just disposed to building size more easily the others, just like some people can put away the food like a madman and still be a stick figure.....

Agree, it's a big factor, along with the shape of the muscle, tendon length and insertion points, all of which cannot be changed.

the other factor is a sound mind, genetics too.

Some of the supps nowadays are boderline drugs anyhow but are marketed as supps such as some AI's.
No doubt they work.

for example epistane, which basically works like steroids and has severe side effects if abused.

A lot of designer steroids, prohormones, sarms etc are marketed as being supps by the people trying to sell them. People need to be very careful, do some research and know what they're putting in their bodies

A lot of designer steroids, prohormones, sarms etc are marketed as being supps by the people trying to sell them. People need to be very careful, do some research and know what they're putting in their bodies
Good call.
I research thoroughly.