• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

G

Banned
Hello,

I live around the Western Side of Sydney (so Windsor/Richmond direction)....

Is there anyone (even not on this side) that is a good personal trainer in Strongman/Strength conditioning?

Im sick of all the stupids out there that claim to be personal trainers and don't even understand basic Anatomy and Physiology. I mean, these people do a 2 week course in a Cert 3 or 4 gym and fitness program, lift some weights and then think they are a 'real' personal trainer.

I want a real coach, I don't care if he costs 100 bucks for an hour. I would rather pay that, get what I need so that I can then keep training at home than pay someone else half or even a quarter of that to just watch what I do and knows as little as I know.

Is there any place that actually does real Strongman stuff... or is this going to turn out like everything else in life, where you have to go over-seas to learn because this country is behind in absolutely everything except taxes. ??????????????

50 minutes. You want a good coach, you wanna be good at it, this is what people do.

Tim.

Maybe a sesh or 2 for a form check. Don't see the need for ongoing sessions for a hobbyist.

I dont mind the drive. I already travel to Menai for music and Lanecove for music each week.

Each one is 1 hour drive each way.

I figured just to get started off, get shown all the routines, how much of what to do, how many sets of how many reps of which exercises... i mean how am i meant to work that out?

Just guess?

Do I do squats, pulls, lifts, overhead, and deadlifts all at once, same day?

Am i supposed to do deadlifts a different day to squats considering its still using legs...

How far do you do sled work for, or is that just until u cant walk anymore.

How often, many times per week...

I mean...

How do I just figure all that out when I wouldn't even know where to start.

I dont mind the drive. I already travel to Menai for music and Lanecove for music each week.

Each one is 1 hour drive each way.

I figured just to get started off, get shown all the routines, how much of what to do, how many sets of how many reps of which exercises... i mean how am i meant to work that out?

Just guess?

Do I do squats, pulls, lifts, overhead, and deadlifts all at once, same day?

Am i supposed to do deadlifts a different day to squats considering its still using legs...

How far do you do sled work for, or is that just until u cant walk anymore.

How often, many times per week...

I mean...

How do I just figure all that out when I wouldn't even know where to start.
My thoughts exactly.

Hop on down and day gday. They'll have ya.

Tim.