• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What are some of the biggest lies in nutrition still being taught today?

Mate, just read the crap on any can of any supplement, according to the labels it's all you need, take this suit and you'll get huge, don't even need to train.

Based on what evidence? Artificial sweeteners won't give you diabetes.

The term "natural" is a marketing buzzword with no real meaning.

No evidence just a feeling, trying to read into evidence and studies is how we get into the shit we are in.

i believe the natural or naturally occurring sweeteners are a whole lot better nutritionally and than manufactured.

i also feel that a large consumption of artificial additives make one more aggressive and irrational.
again no studies.

I also think that AS can cause diabetes especially if you are eating more than you need, what it does to the gut I believe is not completely understood and it can't be good.

Stevia has a bitter aftertaste when in liquid form. When granulated it's not that bad.

If you are eating more AND consuming unnecessary sugar, you'll develop the same gut issues, if not, more.

Again, it comes down to evidence. Artificial sweeteners are widely studied with no ill effects. I think the people opposing them either don't understand they benefits of swapping out sugar or are hippies who still believe in chem-trails and everything natural is better.

No evidence just a feeling, trying to read into evidence and studies is how we get into the shit we are in.

i believe the natural or naturally occurring sweeteners are a whole lot better nutritionally and than manufactured.

i also feel that a large consumption of artificial additives make one more aggressive and irrational.
again no studies.

I was at production plant one day, in the lab, (checking out the lab chicks, nothing special, just a heap of Asian chicks with stoopid looking hairnets) anyways, I picked up an MSDS for one of our artificial sweeteners, sweetener 9 something something, one of the listed side affects of prolonged use was described as: "may cause anal leakage"
You can paint your own picture here as to what that may look like.

Stevia has a bitter aftertaste when in liquid form. When granulated it's not that bad.

If you are eating more AND consuming unnecessary sugar, you'll develop the same gut issues, if not, more.

Again, it comes down to evidence. Artificial sweeteners are widely studied with no ill effects. I think the people opposing them either don't understand they benefits of swapping out sugar or are hippies who still believe in chem-trails and everything natural is better.

It's all about perspective

I don't think there are any health benefits replacing sugar in a cup of tea for example, just have tea without the sweetener.
thats pretty simplistic, but you get my point no?

the op is asking what we are being told is not true, I think this is a big one.

I was at production plant one day, in the lab, (checking out the lab chicks, nothing special, just a heap of Asian chicks with stoopid looking hairnets) anyways, I picked up an MSDS for one of our artificial sweeteners, sweetener 9 something something, one of the listed side affects of prolonged use was described as: "may cause anal leakage"

Lol, I like.

but I think (b4 we all get ahead of ourselves) prolonged use of anything is going to cause problems physically and mentally.

if you really like your Pepsi and you don't like the AS don't drink it but if you keep drinking Pepsi and you have a can a day, you're going the right way to getting fat.

mannitol and sorbitol are some of the chemicals used to clean you out before bowel surgery

Yep artificial sweeteners as some of the most studied things we ever put in our mouth. Natural doesn't mean something is healthy. Cyanide and arsenic are natural.

i was talking about the granulated form.
How it passes for a sweetener had me befuddled. It had the reverse effect. Give me aspartame anyday. ☺

If you think the granulated form is bitter, try the liquid. Almost has a licorice taste.

Stevia seems to work best when combined with real sugar. For example Coke Life or stevia sweetened chocolate with half the sugar content.

If you think the granulated form is bitter, try the liquid. Almost has a licorice taste.

Stevia seems to work best when combined with real sugar. For example Coke Life or stevia sweetened chocolate with half the sugar content.

The asian chicks in the lab with the stoopid looking hairnets say 30/70 is the ratio, 30% stevia and 70% liquid sugar.
30% is big enough to brag as advertising and small enough to hide the bitterness with the other 70% of sugar.

Stevia isnt even sweet.
It's actually bitter. Dunno why it's used as a sweetener.

I've been using stevia for years now, the one I buy from iHerb, it has zero bitterness and is very sweet indeed. I buy 1000 sachets at a time. As a carrier of stevia, you get about 1g of maltodextrin with it as well, which I have no problem with.

Nu_12259763__nunaturals-nustevia-white-stevia-powder.jpg

a0edfc-700039833_1_640.jpg

All the stevia you buy here in Oz is bitter and not sweet, unlike what I've posted above.

The whey powder I purchase from Bulknutrients is sweetened with Sucralose, which I'm fine with as well. I believe if your overall eating is good, then even a small amount of poison won't kill you..., speaking of poison, I was having that "poison" in the form of cyanide on a daily basis in very small amount, coming from juicing or pulverising a whole lemon or a whole apple for example. So a little poison is good, just like a little bit of bacteria (from the soil left on a carrot or similar) is also fine with me. Vegans can learn something from that, as that's how one can have access to vitamin B12 if one chooses to go zero animal products as they do.

Last edited:
Thanks [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION];
I'm glad someone agrees about Stevia being bitter. Seems quite a few people have been brainwashed about Stevia being sweet.