• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Protein powder and mashed banana?
[MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION] ; usually has some good ones. But if in doubt, soak that mofo in sugar free syrup!

so I'm a pancake eating machine and I've tried a few recipes that tasted awful, any recommendations?

I've said this before but this is my way of doing it.

Make up you standard favorite pancakes. Just before you are going to eat it chug a few scoops of your protein powder in water. Then eat the pancakes as normal.

I don't see he point in using protein powder to make pancakes taste like shit.

The reason to make protein pancakes is because you can easily make them fit your macros without all the extra sugar. Then again, listen to the experts who know everything about food and are never in shape.

I have 2 go-to recipes.

- 1 egg.
- 30g of quick oats.
- 30g protein powder.
- 1/3 cup of water or milk.
Whisk all together and fry. Will make one large pancake or 2 small. About 300 calories without topping. I usually put peanut butter on top and that brings the calories up to 400 with pretty balanced macros.

Otherwise I use this proper pancake mix.
http://shop.coles.com.au/online/mobile/national/orgran-buckwheat-pancake-mix
Being buckwheat, it's high in fibre and really filling. I make 1/4 of a box at a time and add my own scoop of protein powder. Will make 2 large pancakes.

The reason to make protein pancakes is because you can easily make them fit your macros without all the extra sugar. Then again, listen to the experts who know everything about food and are never in shape.

I have 2 go-to recipes.

- 1 egg.
- 30g of quick oats.
- 30g protein powder.
- 1/3 cup of water or milk.
Whisk all together and fry. Will make one large pancake or 2 small. About 300 calories without topping. I usually put peanut butter on top and that brings the calories up to 400 with pretty balanced macros.

Otherwise I use this proper pancake mix.
http://shop.coles.com.au/online/mobile/national/orgran-buckwheat-pancake-mix
Being buckwheat, it's high in fibre and really filling. I make 1/4 of a box at a time and add my own scoop of protein powder. Will make 2 large pancakes.

Relax Steve. There is more than one way to do it.

. Then again, listen to the experts who know everything about food and are never in shape.
How do you know this?
Just because someone had a different opinion you assume they are not in shape.
Be careful who you callout.

What's wrong with making normal pancakes and using stevia or similar? Who says they have to contain sugar?
I must say whenever I cook with whey it always comes out rather dry

Wow Steven you really seem to have one large chip on your shoulder
Haha he does a bit but bodybuilders can feel under siege on forums because the fashion is to run down both their training methods and their nutrition as suboptimal and unnecessary. The thing is, they work just fine and have done for a very long time.

I happen to agree with Bazza and Shrek here, whey does not add much to the pancake experience.