• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What's wrong with making normal pancakes and using stevia or similar? Who says they have to contain sugar?
I must say whenever I cook with whey it always comes out rather dry

Nothing wrong with normal pancakes, I have them often.

What I see wrong over and over is shooting people down for trying to go the healthy route. Or eating like a traditional bodybuilder, using methods that work. This is a bodybuilding forum and most legit tips and advice is met with "it's a waste of time" or "just eat whatever". It's easy to say things like that when you never diet or actually achieve a goal. Not talking about you personally.

Nothing wrong with normal pancakes, I have them often.

What I see wrong over and over is shooting people down for trying to go the healthy route. Or eating like a traditional bodybuilder, using methods that work. This is a bodybuilding forum and most legit tips and advice is met with "it's a waste of time" or "just eat whatever". It's easy to say things like that when you never diet or actually achieve a goal. Not talking about you personally.

Point out in this thread anyone who was shooting down traditional bb methods.

It's not in this thread Bazz. He is just touchy because it happens a lot. He had a little exchange with Shrek the other day in the fitness model thread.

It's not in this thread Bazz. He is just touchy because it happens a lot. He had a little exchange with Shrek the other day in the fitness model thread.

Good point. The steamed chicken breast and broccoli traditional BB way of dieting isn't for me but I don't have a problem if people want to eat that way.

Steve also needs to look on the other side there are more ways than just the traditional BB way to diet.

Good point. The steamed chicken breast and broccoli traditional BB way of dieting isn't for me but I don't have a problem if people want to eat that way.

Steve also needs to look on the other side there are more ways than just the traditional BB way to diet.

I agree. I never eat steamed chicken or broccoli. I'm not really that much of a "bro eater" anyway.

I think it's just getting a little testing around here where everyone knows best despite nothing to back it up. For example, this thread was about protein pancake options. Not one person posted up a legit recipe, but 3-4 responses of "just eat normal pancakes". Or like what was said above; there was an interview with a hugely successful bikini/figure model, and the only response is making fun of her diet, despite it clearly working. There's just no balance here anymore. It's just a battle of the smart-ass answers, which is why all the legit members don't come back.

I've been on many forums for over 10 years and even ran some myself. You get a mix of know-it-alls and arm chair experts on all. But it most cases people are generally friendly and there to encourage others. Here it's just seems to be miserable people shooting down others. I'm surprised the forum is still going seeing how snide everyone is to each other.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Haha he does a bit but bodybuilders can feel under siege on forums because the fashion is to run down both their training methods and their nutrition as suboptimal and unnecessary. The thing is, they work just fine and have done for a very long time.

I happen to agree with Bazza and Shrek here, whey does not add much to the pancake experience.

Bull, everyone faces criticism, the purpose of a forum I would like to think is that everyone has a right to say what they like, give and take advice and question methods (diet and lifting).

in this case the op asked for a simple recipe for a pancake with Protien, that is all, from my understanding he's not attempting to compete?

jesus! Why do I get dragged into these ****y little precious rants.

i come here to talk lifting I love it, I'm not interested in competition why does this discount my opinion?
i fell I'm very supportive, I'll call out what I see as a silly comment too.

this forum IMO is healthy and more often than not between the lampooning good info gets transferred, I one doesn't feel supported, then first try and distribute some, yes even you admin

I agree. I never eat steamed chicken or broccoli. I'm not really that much of a "bro eater" anyway.

I think it's just getting a little testing around here where everyone knows best despite nothing to back it up. For example, this thread was about protein pancake options. Not one person posted up a legit recipe, but 3-4 responses of "just eat normal pancakes". Or like what was said above; there was an interview with a hugely successful bikini/figure model, and the only response is making fun of her diet, despite it clearly working. There's just no balance here anymore. It's just a battle of the smart-ass answers, which is why all the legit members don't come back.

I've been on many forums for over 10 years and even ran some myself. You get a mix of know-it-alls and arm chair experts on all. But it most cases people are generally friendly and there to encourage others. Here it's just seems to be miserable people shooting down others. I'm surprised the forum is still going seeing how snide everyone is to each other.

Rant over.

tell us about the forums you've been on and the one you've run?

Rant over.

Shrek posted a recipe in the first few responses.

I'm allowed to say the way I do it just as much as you can put up your recipe. Many ways to do it.

Love pancakes but unfortunately dose matter how many I get 1hr
hunger strikes again

I have not yet found a protein powder that is good for pancakes, it tends to make them have a crumbly texture. So I just chuck lots of eggs in.

Fucking Pancakes! Arguing over fucking Pancakes! I'll say it again, ARGUING OVER FUCKING PANCAKES!

Yeah, I like Pancakes but they aren't really a training food. They are for kids and Women.

Just finished some Beef and Vegies, washed down with a Protein Shake. Now eating some Oats with Almond/Coconut Milk.

100g Protein
75g Carbs
fuck knows how many Fats, a lot of Fibre.

Seriously, fucking Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking Pancakes! Arguing over fucking Pancakes! I'll say it again, ARGUING OVER FUCKING PANCAKES!

Yeah, I like Pancakes but they aren't really a training food. They are for kids and Women.

Just finished some Beef and Vegies, washed down with a Protein Shake. Now eating some Oats with Almond/Coconut Milk.

100g Protein
75g Carbs
fuck knows how many Fats, a lot of Fibre.

Seriously, fucking Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mmm yum some serious grow food
me like you style

The more you eat the more you can lift
lift more = more muscle mass
more muscle burn more cal
Just eat people just eat