• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Basically that there are a couple of mechanisms relevant to exercise that can cause these nociceptors which are located within muscle tissue to cause pain.

You lazy bastard.

I suppose a detailed (which I have not) understanding of the physical and chemical factors involved is not necessary if we are aware of the cause/effect relationship concerned which can be a valuable clue to training progress by way of the effectiveness of a particular exercise.

I suppose a detailed (which I have not) understanding of the physical and chemical factors involved is not necessary if we are aware of the cause/effect relationship concerned which can be a valuable clue to training progress by way of the effectiveness of a particular exercise.

Erm...yes? All I'm getting at is that muscles can 'feel' pain.

So how does one avoid soreness on previously memtioned exercises? Lot ROM to avoid the stretch?

So how does one avoid soreness on previously memtioned exercises? Lot ROM to avoid the stretch?

Some people I've trained directly (and in this case the lats) some individuals exclusively trained chin-ups others Lat pull-downs some of the reported no soreness ever in the lats some did not even experience an awareness of their lats, however without exception all subject where sore in other areas especially in the arms, the degree is soreness so great they could not move their arms for several days.

however on my machine pullover they were sore in the lats other areas of sorness in gradually reducing degree in the pecs, the traps and abs- which is excactly what I wanted, some say they a sore in the triceps and upper arm, but the actual soreness was in the lats attachments.

so don't go after soreness, don't try to avoid it, use it a a tool.

Some people I've trained directly (and in this case the lats) some individuals exclusively trained chin-ups others Lat pull-downs some of the reported no soreness ever in the lats some did not even experience an awareness of their lats, however without exception all subject where sore in other areas especially in the arms, the degree is soreness so great they could not move their arms for several days.

however on my machine pullover they were sore in the lats other areas of sorness in gradually reducing degree in the pecs, the traps and abs- which is excactly what I wanted, some say they a sore in the triceps and upper arm, but the actual soreness was in the lats attachments.

so don't go after soreness, don't try to avoid it, use it a a tool.

Don't avoid soreness and don't chase it. Just train in a way that gets you results.
Fair call but is it limiting my results?
Very hard to tell. I don't train to be sore. I train to grow. ?

Last edited:
What's it saying?

I can take this 3 ways.

1. you're mucking around, trying to be funny
2. You don't like opposing views and you think your shit don't stink
3. You just enjoy trolling and generally being ćunty

all 3 I'm ok with, but I'm thinking Bazza is on the money with your attitude in general.

Very hard to tell. I don't train to be sore. I train to grow. [emoji2]

Yeah hard to tell for sure. Can't really tell if it's limiting your results but if you are getting progress be happy.

Very hard to tell. I don't train to be sore. I train to grow.
Hey Adrian, we're on the same page when it comes to these exercises that overly stretch the muscle whilst under load, causing the type of soreness we're not crazy about, the inflamed muscles due to some deep micro tears within the muscle. There is however a different type of soreness that one would look forward to, because of the way it has been created. How's that? It's based on metabolic hypertrophy training, or MHT for short. It's one of the three ways our muscles get stimulated/activated and grow, as I mentioned here: For optimal muscle gains, do this…

A) Muscle damage
B) Mechanical tension
C) Metabolic stress

It's the "C" in the above methods of training. The mighty 21s (with its advanced and modern variations) would fall into that category for example, and will leave your biceps (or whichever muscle you'd activated) very sore the next day. Now that's a soreness that is based on the metabolic stress build up that you've placed the muscle fiber under. And then there's the pump, or high swelling/volumisation of water that is achieved during such a set.

Please note the difference in water placement here. One inside the muscle cell (the metabolic stress one), whilst the other (the pump) injecting water in between the muscle cells. Both of these result in placing that whole muscle in an anabolic environment where growth is potentiated if given a chance (through the proper recover channels).

Last edited:
Ever since changing my pre and post work shake I make sure they have a shit load of carbs fat and protien in both
so the body has got fuel it needs to recover
I never feel sore anymore either which personally I think is a great thing
i wouldn't be worried about it means you can train harder

Ever since changing my pre and post work shake I make sure they have a shit load of carbs fat and protien in both
so the body has got fuel it needs to recover
I never feel sore anymore either which personally I think is a great thing
i wouldn't be worried about it means you can train harder
Yes. Get them carbs into ya. [emoji2]