• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Russian track and field athletes remain banned from international competition, including the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

Athletics chiefs have decided not to lift the suspension, which was imposed in November following accusations of state-sponsored doping.

But individual athletes can compete as neutrals if they prove they are clean.

Meanwhile, Russian pole vaulter Yelena Isinbayeva said she would challenge the IAAF's decision in court, claiming it was "a human rights violation".

Isinbayeva, 34, who won Olympic gold in 2004 and 2008, added: "I'm disappointed and angry. I am offended. Nobody defended us.

"Nobody fought for our rights and there are huge concerns over the IAAF itself and its stance on defending the rights of clean athletes.

"We are blamed for something we have not done. I will not remain silent, I will take measures. I will appeal to the human rights court."

Russia anger over ban

Russian president Vladimir Putin described the ban as "unjust and unfair".

He said: "There are universally recognised principles of law and one of them is that the responsibility should be always personified.

"If some of the members of your family have committed a crime, would it be fair to hold all the members of the family liable, including you? That is not how it's done.

"The people who have nothing to do with violations, why should they suffer for those who committed the violations?"

In a statement, Russia's Ministry of Sport said it was "extremely disappointed" by the IAAF decision.

It continued: "Clean athletes' dreams are being destroyed because of the reprehensible behaviour of other athletes and officials. They have sacrificed years of their lives striving to compete at the Olympics and now that sacrifice looks likely to be wasted.

"We have done everything possible since the ban was first imposed to regain the trust of the international community. We have rebuilt our anti-doping institutions which are being led by respected international experts.

"Our athletes are being tested by the UK's anti-doping agency (UKAD) and every one of them is undergoing a minimum of three tests in addition to the usual requirements. We have nothing to hide and feel we had met the IAAF's conditions for re-entry."

http://m.bbc.com/sport/athletics/36562570

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Put another way...

Let the one who is without sin cast the first stone.

well done IAAF for banning Russia. It is a start, but still a long way to goas nothing can prevent other less willing national drug testing regimes beyond immense scrutiny.

From what I heard the Russia ban isn't just the positives it the other stuff. It's the difficulty testers have in testing Russian athletes. The threats testers face when in Russia. The constant strange drop outs of Russian athletes at times to avoid being tested.

yes, Russia has one of highest rates of drug tests, but whole sporting culture is dodgy. USA was more like that in 1980s, so it is possible to change.

Russia, however, has a lot of political obstacles for a fair dinkum pluralist approach to testing.

Russian weightlifters have now been banned too May as well just ban all Russian competitors.

If I was Russia, I'd do what they did when they were called the Soviet Union back in the 80s and have all the Eastern block countries boycott the Rio Olympic games the way they've boycotted the incomplete Olympic games of Los Angeles in 1984 (as a payback for the west [excluding Australia], boycotting the 1980 Moscow Olympics. I see the cold war is now shifting from the Syrian stage to the Olympic stage.

I'd much rather watch a complete Olympic games with all nations participating, or have the Olympics killed altogether as a premier international competition...., and perhaps just stick to the world championships..., also, sack all IOC members and kill hypocrisy once and for all.

As a former weightlifter, I feel that the records that were stripped from the weightlifters when the new weight divisions were introduced is very much unfair and unjustified. I was one of those lifters who had a record of 155kg in the C&J as an Australian youth lifter..., it disappeared overnight. No one tested me for steroids and I've never objected to being tested, so what gives? Others held world records and were tested and their results came back negative, yet still they were stripped of their records. An athlete busts his guts out training like a freak and for what..., for some moron who knows not what it takes to be a disciplined athlete to just come and kill the athletes' effort and with it his spirit overnight, with a stroke of an ignorant pen..., I'm angry!

as for past aussie records, they have to follow sport's lead. So much cheating the IWF felt obliged to keep changing records.

My memory of early 1980s was that even young weighlifters were on roids. fuckign disgrace.

in fact, one of leading clubs had my mate on the juice as a teen. Looking back at it, it is almost beyond belief what used to go on.

Yep, sure glad they are catching and prosecuting the cheats. rules are rules, simple as that really.

in fact, one of leading clubs had my mate in the juice as a teen. Looking back at it, it is almost beyond belief what used to go on.

Yep, sure glad they are catching and prosecuting the cheats. rules are rules, simple as that really.
I'm not sure, but maybe (just maybe), you've misunderstood the thrust of my objection here. I'm in no way against following rules, however I'm very much against one being selective when applying such rules.

and another thing, drug testing was a joke before 1989. all an athlete needed to do was be clean on day of comp.

I'm not sure, but maybe (just maybe), you've misunderstood the thrust of my objection here. I'm in no way against following rules, however I'm very much against one being selective when applying such rules.

I am not sure what part of your comments I need to address to satisfy you, but Russia and other countries are boing punished for the number of violations. Take your concern up with the IWF.

As for Aussie records predating a certain year, pretty sure most would have been drug using. I commend the sport for wiping records. Other sports should do same.

However, at end of day, lifts at major champs remain and cannot be changed.

pretty sure most would have been drug using. I commend the sport for wiping records. Other sports should do same.
Tell me something please. Do you believe in the following statement or not: one is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Being selective in our approaches when dealing with other human beings is not something I appreciate. That is not something I can take up with a hypocrite organisation such as the IWF or other sporting organisations who are dealing with Russia at the moment. Perhaps we juts have to agree to disagree. Thank you for your input though, as I find it very interesting indeed.