• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

Tried a bit this morning. The price has come down my wife tells me; it's only $25/L, down from $100/L not long ago. First impression; I found it too much on the salty side, not in a nice way (like salted nuts for example). It's touted to have all these different benefits of which controlling autism is but one. I don't know, living in Australia since the age of 12, it's not a milk I can say I'm familiar with.

Being the month of Ramadan, it's really popular with the Muslim community here in Sydney, as it's the preferred milk above all other milks produced by other mammals. Right now, neither it nor camel burgers are for me..., perhaps one day.

If anyone's interested or curious about it, you can find it at your local shop here in the Sydney suburb of Lakemba.

Barry, any thoughts from you re this milk?

Camel milk, not something I'd consider.
Have you tried goats milk [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION];?

Camel milk, not something I'd consider.
Have you tried goats milk @Fadi;?
Yes, in fact my eldest daughter was brought up on it. I much prefer goat yogurt and cheeses than the milk though Adrian. I don't mind sheep's cheeses either..., cheeses from Bulgaria (as well as Oz of course).

I know you won't realise this Fadi but i found this quite funny
You found it funny; I was surprised by this whole camel meat and dairy products in Oz these days..., and it's increasing year by year. What's next huh:)!

Probably the next superfood??

Not sure about the supposed benefits and ridiculous price.

Do people realise that Camels are a pest in Central Australia, and they can legally be hunted and shot.

Some enterprising people catch and sell our live camels to Saudi Arabia.

Apparently, our camels are healthier than theirs.

I used to smoke camel, filterless of course.
it was a nice Turkish blend but not toasted like lucky strike

Hey Bro, off topic, but his the whole back thing you had going?
better?
still smashing weights?

Cheers mate!

the symptoms are mostly pretty mild now (sometimes flares up a bit, but).

exercising every day (pullups, air-squats etc, plus the specific neck exercises that the physio taught me), and increasing the amount each month.

I think I'll have a go getting back to the weights when spring comes.

Marvelous stuff, this camels' milk!

:D is that like a sheep to a Nzer; some jokes are very cruel.
Eggzachary, New Zealanders and sheep, Greeks and goats, Arabs and camels, Tasmanians and their family.

Which is why I said at the beginning that the thread made me laugh because that's the first thing that came to mind

Far superior to Cow's Milk apparently. [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];

"As its name implies, camel milk comes from camels, just as cow milk and goat milk come from cows and goats. Camel milk has been the primary type of milk consumed by many Bedouin cultures for generations. Although it is not in nearly as high supply as cow milk, it has a number of clear advantages over that more common form, including more powerful nutrients and better chemical compounds. Camel milk is a more environmentally friendly way of obtaining milk, as camel’s do not need the massive amounts of grazing area like goats and cows, thereby leaving the world a bit greener, and filled with less methane gas. For generations, it has primarily been only for subsistence in those cultures, but given the undeniable health benefits of camel milk as compared to more traditional forms of milk, there has been a major increase in camel milk farming."

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...amel-milk.html

Far superior to Cow's Milk apparently. [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];

"As its name implies, camel milk comes from camels, just as cow milk and goat milk come from cows and goats. Camel milk has been the primary type of milk consumed by many Bedouin cultures for generations. Although it is not in nearly as high supply as cow milk, it has a number of clear advantages over that more common form, including more powerful nutrients and better chemical compounds. Camel milk is a more environmentally friendly way of obtaining milk, as camel’s do not need the massive amounts of grazing area like goats and cows, thereby leaving the world a bit greener, and filled with less methane gas. For generations, it has primarily been only for subsistence in those cultures, but given the undeniable health benefits of camel milk as compared to more traditional forms of milk, there has been a major increase in camel milk farming."

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...amel-milk.html

Camel milk won a Choice shonky award for dodgy claims. Like any new food that comes out they claim superfoods these days. It's just milk.

Camels don't need as much grazing land, that's because they don't produce as much milk. May be more environmentally friendly per animal but not per liter of milk produced and that's what matters.