• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I posted this here because I didn't know where to, so many sub forums.

back in the day at around the mid nineties there were a couple of forums specifically about lifting weights, with maybe three sub forums.

all had their philosophies and like minded people used to discuss methods and swap stories.

one site as an example called davedraper.com had a great mix of people that respected each other, although they couldn't agree they accepted this and moved on, when some newbie arrived and tried to stir the pot the regulars all got together and defused it with humor, unfortunately over the years more and more flooded the Internet and pushed out the regulars.

so

what is a forum for?

Discuss.....

Ok jokes aside, seem to be a very serious weekend.
forums are for information from people who do the same shit.
eg:
I ride a KTM on dirt, so I joned a couple of forums to see what kunce do and how they solve problems.
Also ride a CBR on road, so go to a Honda forum to get my info
Drive a ford G6ET, so go there to see how they handle issues such a warranty and modifications
Also train my muscles with weights (hat saying I lift the kunce, I'm not a weight lifter) so I come here to see what other kunce's approaches are.
nothing wrong with a joke or two on any of these forums.
Does that paint a pic for you SB as to what a forum is for?
A forum could also be for a kunce to come on and ask "what is a forum for?"

you see, this is the sort of comment that kills it for me.

ive made some good acquaintances over the years on forums, most of those from OS, mostly from learning, I'd ask a stupid question and get told it was, and they were mostly right.

these days you have 20 year olds thousands of them thinking they know it all from just a year or two of lifting.

i still come to visit here because, mainly the discussions are about lifting and not about supplements and rediculous questions like; I want to front squat but I have no room in my parents house, what should I do?

you see, this is the sort of comment that kills it for me.

Dont take it serious, was only a joke, besides I stated seriously what a forum is for me.

Discussion.

Question is, how much of the discussion is about the supposed topic of the forum. That, and do people confuse "discussion" with blokes sitting around drinking beer and giving each-other shit. That's fun, but it's not discussion.

A forum should idealy be informative and fun.
If a happy medium is found betwen the 2 then a successful forum will result.

A forum should idealy be informative and fun.
If a happy medium is found betwen the 2 then a successful forum will result.
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time

what is a forum for?

Discuss.....

Interaction with another human being, in an era that is fast becoming automated by machines and robots. It is disappointing that some people on forums choose to behave like a machine, and in turn believing that the human beings they're interacting with on the other side of the line are just like them; a machine that is devoid of feelings and emotions.

If I wanted to enter a robotic kind of a world, I'd go and play some computer game with its artificial intelligence to contend with.

Good post Andy, thank you.