• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Eat til you puke | advice from the largest athlete in the world" In Oz, we always scrutinise and condemn/hold accountable our rugby league players whenever they misrepresent themselves in a way that could leave a negative impression of sort on our young generation.

Should not Brian Shaw be held accountable to the advice/s he gives out. I'm sure he actually thinks before he utters the name of one of his sport sponsors, lest he make a mistake by mentioning some other (perhaps) rival company. Why do we accept such a lack of responsibility by such high profiled athletes such as Brian for example?

As for me, I'd fine them just as a tennis player or a rugby player is fined. It's irresponsible champions like that that give our iron sports a bad name, or at least they contribute to it when they blurt out such silly and dangerous advice.

Last edited:
What Brian says about eating is the simple cure for all weak skinny guys. Its that simple. Its not easy, which is usually what weak whiney people want. They want instant size and muscle or instant fat loss. It takes time and dedication to reach physical goals.

Thats why you get all these young guys stuffing up their hormone cycles by taking steroids. They are looking for the easy way out. Or phat chicks who say that it's just "impossible" to lose 20kg of fat so why not "embrace your beautiful body as it is". In other words, give up but pretend you won.

You can't get to where Brian is without a massive amount of dedication and pure self discipline. Eating is part of that. Just ask any bodybuilder who has done a show. Eating so much that you just hate food followed by 16 weeks of starvation sized portions while keeping up a heavy training session. If it were easy, everyone would look like Frank Zane.

Do you think he expends 8-10 thousand calories a day though, especially when training?

I know i expend about 2,500 calories in 24 hours just by sitting at my desk working all day and little else. And doing a big session at the gym for 90 minutes i got over 1600 calories done.

If he spends 6 hours a day or something training then he could easily do it.

Heart attack? It wouldn't be caused by cholesterol build up thats for sure.

Do you think he expends 8-10 thousand calories a day though, especially when training?

I know i expend about 2,500 calories in 24 hours just by sitting at my desk working all day and little else. And doing a big session at the gym for 90 minutes i got over 1600 calories done.

If he spends 6 hours a day or something training then he could easily do it.

Heart attack? It wouldn't be caused by cholesterol build up thats for sure.

No doubt, he is a big unit.
but he's ignorant to think that everyone should do the same.

its like walking up to the biggest dude in the gym, ask him what he does and you do the complete opposite, that would be my advice.

Seems like normal advise for any wanna be Strongman. Eat till you puke, pin till your butt is a pin cushion.

It's not good for you, but if you wanna compete as a World Champion Strongman, dats what you gotta do.

Seems like normal advise for any wanna be Strongman. Eat till you puke, pin till your butt is a pin cushion.

It's not good for you, but if you wanna compete as a World Champion Strongman, dats what you gotta do.

And be his size.

most don't grasp the fact that lifting weights and eating truck loads will make you him.
not to mention the drugs taken.

it ain't going to happen

You can't get to where Brian is without a massive amount of dedication and pure self discipline. Eating is part of that. Just ask any bodybuilder who has done a show. Eating so much that you just hate food followed by 16 weeks of starvation sized portions while keeping up a heavy training session. If it were easy, everyone would look like Frank Zane.

Truth.

I think that pretty ignorant

Please accept my random image in response to your random statement.

CDncwCHW8AAv9Vb.png

My point was made re the young minds/young generation as I've put it. These are the impressionable minds that look up and idolise champions and other celebrities etc. Adults on the other hands, irrespective be they skinny or fat, are not the ones I'm concerned about with such an advice, with their ability to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. If an adult mind can't understand, or hasn't the basic knowledge so as to question such a simplistic; silly, and dangerous advice as "eat until you puke", then we've got ourselves a bigger problem than I thought.

The aspect of dedication, discipline, and all that is needed to help one reach a high level of sporting achievements is not and was never a point of contention here. We can all agree on that.

Last edited: