• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
WTF is it?
define it?
when do we need cardio?

its just funny that we often say "I'm doing cardio" I mean...what for?

The reality is (I reckon) is that no one really knows why they do it and what for.
for years people thought it was a good method of weight control.

some think it makes one fitter, but for what?
at the risk of going all fadi and blabber fingers I just think "cardio" is an activity to become conditioned to the things we do throughout the week.

if you want to play a sport, or an exercise that requires more than your daily resources then a cardio program would be good to condition yourself to the demands that are placed upon you.

i don't believe cardio needs to be integrated into a workout, but like all things I do feel it needs to be added no and again.

having said that, I think cardio in a workout is the safest way to improve your capacity.

A lot of cardio will waste your body and age you

I agree with that old boy.

the interesting or most misunderstood topic is how much is required.

i think that for most of us, the cardio we received in a tough workout should be enough, anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes of a 30 minute workout?

if you're not getting that, then some other source is required, but I think that someone who is involved in manual labor daily has got it covered.

I've only ever really done cardio because of sport. I don't like doing it but I do feel better overall when I am doing some.

Its fun to take the dog for a walk. He loves it. I love the fact the he loves it so much.

Keep it on topic. ?
[MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; feel free to post those cow pics in the off topic thread.
They were funny. ?