• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah, Studies also suggest that 90 to 120 seconds is the optimal time 20 reps is about right if you moving at a constant speed.

Since calf raises have such a small ROM I believe rull ROM is crucial. More so than other exercise.

I've hear it said that having a bend in the Legs is bad for the knees when doing Standing Calve Raises. Not to mention ineffective.

Cheers. Top answers so far. A lot on spread.

Care to comment on my theory about Hill Sprints and the Soleus being activated more as the gradient of the Hill increases, due to the greater flexion of the knee? Stiffy is pretty cluey hey?

I rectum to add any size to the kunce you may have to resort to loading them with weights

I think 15-20 reps is the sweet spot for calves.
A weight thay restricts this rep range tend to limit range of motion and repping higher than 30 means you're just pushing the breeze.

I find 0 reps works pretty well.