• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
He didn't die in the ring. It happened elsewhere.

I remember watching him when I was a kid. He was a little guy then a few years later had packed on massive muscle.
Granted he did not die in the ring, but was he actually having a heart attack or was he putting on a show? I read the link Stiffy put up and went looking for more information on it, and still all I get is people arguing with each other as to whether this was for real or just an act. If it was an act, I think (in my opinion) it has crossed the line as having a heart attack is not a joking/acting matter..., especially in a place where everyone is basically acting in that ring.

That's right. They choose that. They don't choose to trip over a cat.

Worst head knock I ever head was when I was pissed, fell over hit my head on the dunny. Woke up convulsing.

Punches and tackles are nothing compared to a dunny.

Worst head knock I ever head was when I was pissed, fell over hit my head on the dunny. Woke up convulsing.

Punches and tackles are nothing compared to a dunny.

That is one of the weirdest feelings. When you are conscious or semi conscious and can feel yourself convulsing.

What's the argument about?

hack boxers and martial artists worked out a way to earn a buck, rednecks love it.

MMA was going long before the UFC. UFC just made it more globally popular.

It's boxing for thugs, gives them an excuse to beat someone up
It's a bit like YouTube, gives otherwise talentless nobodies a shot at fame

It's boxing for thugs, gives them an excuse to beat someone up
It's a bit like YouTube, gives otherwise nobodies a shot at fame

Terrible argument.

How does participating in a sport make you a thug. You could make the argument MMA is much more complicated than boxing. You have many more disciplines and techniques you have to lean.

The YouTube argument is just as bad. You could say that about any sport or anything that makes people famous for that matter.

More like desperate for money, fame and attention.

Freestyle Wrestling in VERY big in the U.S. Most of these guys nowadays are College Athletes who turned to MMA.

The Brazilians are the poor ones, "fighting their way out of the hood".