• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
doesnt matter if its UFC, it was a kick boxing fight where the guy was punch drunk but it was never stopped and he died.

Guys have died in boxing, afl, soccer, rugby, NFL. It happens unfortunately and rarely in any contact sport.

You are changing the topic now anyway. No one is debating the dangers of hits to he head or any head knocks for that matter. What's you point.

Any head knock is bad for you.

I can see what you mean [MENTION=16903]Johnnie Walker[/MENTION]; if the Ref had of stopped the fight after the third knockdown people would have been saying good call.

But you know what its like to get a knockdown. You jump back up 'dfaq I wasn't hit' when you clearly were.

In hindsight many become instant experts. It was very sad to watch that video Barry knowing the outcome.

I've been sparring with Bouncer mates (larger than me at time) and been dropped but kept on jumping back up "come on!".

They've quit coz they didn't want to kill me :D

In hindsight many become instant experts. It was very sad to watch that video Barry knowing the outcome.

Yep. And you see some brutal KOs and think holy crap that person is lucky to be alive and they end up fine.

Bottom line is any head knock is bad. Training for MMA isn't going to be good for your head.

The rules are there to minimize damage. It's just an arbitrary line we make out to be acceptable for the sport. If you want zero chance of head injury don't do boxing, MMA or any contact sport. Then make sure you don't trip over the cat and hit your head at home either.

Last edited:
Tripping over a cat is an accident. Getting pounded in the ring or octagon is not.
Barrrrrrrrry!!!!!!

I was very confused the first time I saw this, Eddie Guerrero's suffering a heart attack. I say that because there's so much acting that goes on with this particular sport, that is more geared for entertainment purposes above reality. What made it hard for me, is when the other "fighter" jumps on top of Eddie for the count of 3 as he was going through his heart attack, and to make it worse (and more believable[or unbelievable take your pick]), the referee actually got involved and actually went for the count of 3 etc. After all this (and please excuse my total ignorance here)...., I'm still none the wiser. Was this a YouTube/ match hoax, or was it a genuine heart attack where this Eddie gentleman actually died?

Can anyone shed some light on this episode for me please? Thank you.

I was very confused the first time I saw this, Eddie Guerrero's suffering a heart attack. I say that because there's so much acting that goes on with this particular sport, that is more geared for entertainment purposes above reality. What made it hard for me, is when the other "fighter" jumps on top of Eddie for the count of 3 as he was going through his heart attack, and to make it worse (and more believable[or unbelievable take your pick]), the referee actually got involved and actually went for the count of 3 etc. After all this (and please excuse my total ignorance here)...., I'm still none the wiser. Was this a YouTube/ match hoax, or was it a genuine heart attack where this Eddie gentleman actually died?

On November 13, 2005, Guerrero was found unconscious in his hotel room at The Marriott City Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, by his nephew, Chavo, who attempted CPR. However, Guerrero was pronounced dead when paramedics arrived at the scene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Guerrero

He didn't die in the ring. It happened elsewhere.

I remember watching him when I was a kid. He was a little guy then a few years later had packed on massive muscle.