• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Increase in 20kg increments?

I was thinking 25!

Well...

The colour makes a difference to me.

If you start with a green either side...

You then add the 1.25kg (iron) and 2.5kg (iron) as incremental.

There is a black 5kg Bumper plate.

Anyway...

Once you progress past the green one, the next one on is yellow. Once u finish on yellow (with the 1.25 2.5 and 5s) then ur up to blue then up to red.

Once you got a red on + 1.25, then red + 2.5, or whatver.. the next one is leave the red on add a green, then leave red on add a yellow, then leave red on add a blue, now ur up to 2 reds either side. And repeat, red with green, red with yellow etc.

You dont even have to be able to count it. The colours just work out that way mathematically for you.

IF there all black, then it all gets confusing.

So easier to have 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 (10+5 you already got = 15), then 20, (20+5 you already got = 25).

Makes sense to me!
Wow tbat makes my head hurt, if others approached lifting in that way I doubt that they'd ever got started.
Are you OCD in other areas of life?

Are there any bumpers that are decent quality that won't break the bank? I want some to use with the normal stuff like DL/OHP/Bench etc but to do some things like power cleans with and not have to worry about dropping them.

Last edited:
Just been checking out the Eleiko web site. They have bumpers that will do the job just nicely. Except for the price. Frick.

Just been checking out the Eleiko web site. They have bumpers that will do the job just nicely. Except for the price. Frick.

My exact thoughts when looking at Eleiko/Ivanko bumpers or any other top brand. feelsbadman

If you are intending to compete in powerlifiting, you really should train with what you compete with. That said, not many can fork out $6k for a barbell and calibrated plates. Next best thing is to just get what you can afford and then weigh each one. If they are within 100g, you are good to go.

If you are intending to compete in powerlifiting, you really should train with what you compete with. That said, not many can fork out $6k for a barbell and calibrated plates. Next best thing is to just get what you can afford and then weigh each one. If they are within 100g, you are good to go.

A decent powerbar and calibrated Ivankos could be a cheaper PL option.

A decent powerbar and calibrated Ivankos could be a cheaper PL option.

Are they any Ivanko suppliers in Aus?

I was looking at the ABC Oly Bumpers, AgainFaster Training Plates and then some competition sets from NC Fitness/Raw Fitness. All a grand, give or take for 140kg except the ABC ones, does anyone know what the quality on them are like?

I had an ABC bar and it was really good quality. Minimal flex so much like a competition bar. Have not used their plates.

I had an ABC bar and it was really good quality. Minimal flex so much like a competition bar. Have not used their plates.

Do you know if their oly bars are as good? There's not really much information on them that I can find.

On bumpers, I've found a few that look good: AgainFaster Training Bumper Plates, Redback Black Elites, Hellion Elite Competition Bumper Plate v2.0, NCFitness Premium Black Bumper Plates.
Does anyone have any recommendations? It's a shame none of the more reputable brands have suppliers here in Aus that I can find.

Last edited:
I dont do olympic lifting so have no experience with any of their bars designed specifically for that type of lifting. Essentially, those types of bars have a lot more spin in the bearings to allow the bar to turn without straining, or breaking, your wrists.

That said, if their powerlifting one was top quality, I don't see any reason not to gamble on their oly bars, as its all a gamble even with other brands if you don't actually get your hands on one. Expect to pay $400-$600 or more for a decent bar. I'm about to fork out for an Eleiko and thats around $1600. But then I'm worth it. Right?

If you are not intending to buy calibrated weight plates, then anything will do. It's all just weight, after all. Just don't buy any that are not round. Some have a crappy multi faceted edge which won't roll and forces you to have it sit in one spot.

I forgot to mention guys. I did end up going with Muscle Motion plates, which are going great tbh. But will buy a few Rogue Eco bumper plates next time.

I would recommend Rogue Echo Bumpers because their weight is approximately 10-45 Ibs made of virgin rubber and they are excellent for home equipment.