• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I should have known. This lack of commitment is typical of you young kunce.

asshole770346tv8.jpg

Being quick to judge a young kunce is typical of the older generation.

@Darkoz; simple as that then! Common sense really, I suppose if his video gives someone a better way to train abs than they are, all the better for it.

@Goosey; I feel like most people would irritate you.

@Sir El Stiffy; He's a businessman that's for sure, he pushes his own products but it doesn't get in the way of what he is saying.
I think he in genuinely doing a good thing for the industry even if he is filling his pockets promoting a more scientific approach to lifting.
Some of his injury fixes and mobility drills are awesome.

My take on Jeff Cavalier is that he is a Trainer of Sportspeople who then went to Youtube, whether for greater financial rewards or otherwise, to find a bigger market. He is good to SUPPLEMENT your training but he is NOT a trainer of Bodybuilders or Powerlifters.

Not knocking him, I don't mind him. But use him to supplement your knowledge from other great BB or PL trainers, as I assume you are a BB from your avi etc :)

Last edited:
[MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; has a beard that emasculates me greatly, thanks for pointing that out [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; I can clearly see who is the Alpha now.

Buenos Dias.

No I mean estaban

A beast who knows how to take down the biggest craziest and mofucka's in the world. He is the school's underground champion. He wants to continue fighting even with blood dripping down his forehead. He is a warrior.

Very interesting theory that goes against everything I've been taught.
Have always been to exhale upon contraction pushing air from diaphragm allowing muscles to contract stronger.

Today, I did as Jeff said in his video, and the contractions were just as strong as if I had done the opposite.

Has anyone else ever been told this? Or used this technique?

I had another look at this [MENTION=17765]Puggy[/MENTION]; I had one of those moments where I thought I could be wrong, and no I'm not.

one other thing he states; "if you want to look like an athlete you've got to train like one"
this guy is taking people for a ride.

back to the ab's, it's a muscle like any other, there is nothing special about this, there is no magical way to work it.

it extends, it contracts, that's its primary function, going back to his so called breathing technique.

sit in a chair, fill your guts with air and try two things, place the head as low as it can go, try to contract the muscle.

no try that again while breathing out, you'll actually feel a cramp in the muscle, this is what you want, full contraction.

do the exercise the proper way and you will have a belly, a belly with a very thick set of ab's.
BTW, He is quite strong in the torso, but I'm not sure whether that is due to quite small legs or not.

Thanks for the thoughtful answer mate.
I think he'd be better off saying if you want to be like an athlete, train like an athlete.
I'm fully aware he's not a bodybuilding or powerlifting coach.

I'll follow his breathing technique and hopefully build up on my abdominals.
I plan on cutting around late August for 10 weeks, so I'll need to thicken up the abs beforehand.

Cheers for the response.

I had another look at this @Puggy; I had one of those moments where I thought I could be wrong, and no I'm not.

one other thing he states; "if you want to look like an athlete you've got to train like one"
this guy is taking people for a ride.

back to the ab's, it's a muscle like any other, there is nothing special about this, there is no magical way to work it.

it extends, it contracts, that's its primary function, going back to his so called breathing technique.

sit in a chair, fill your guts with air and try two things, place the head as low as it can go, try to contract the muscle.

no try that again while breathing out, you'll actually feel a cramp in the muscle, this is what you want, full contraction.

do the exercise the proper way and you will have a belly, a belly with a very thick set of ab's.
BTW, He is quite strong in the torso, but I'm not sure whether that is due to quite small legs or not.