• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

Stiffy

I seriously intend to be doing this as long as I'm alive. To me, lifting is a part of Healthy lifestyle, both physically and psychologically. Unless my joints give out I'll be Squatting, Deadlifting, Pressing, Chinning and Dipping. I may not do things like Barbell Rows as I feel they irritate the lower back, but COMPOUNDS ARE A MUST as we age, as long as done safely imo.

Look at [MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION]; how old is he, yet he is still a horndog into old age!

Thoughts!

Me, too, I'll be curlyn till I'm dead, I'll even have holes in coffin for the arms to come out so I can give em one last gun show at my funeral.

I think it becomes more important as you age to be doing resistance training.

Obviously at 50 or 60 or even 70 your retaining would look very different to what it did at 20.

The thing is most won't last the distance and will give it away long before then.

I think it becomes more important as you age to be doing resistance training.

Obviously at 50 or 60 or even 70 your retaining would look very different to what it did at 20.

The thing is most won't last the distance and will give it away long before then.

You're in your 50s aren't you Mick? You're a Man who likes to do big Compounds. You still feel resilient and the body still feels tough and durable due to the lifting? You still get erections when pretty little things walk past? lol The sign of a strong hormonal system etc.

You're in your 50s aren't you Mick? You're a Man who likes to do big Compounds. You still feel resilient and the body still feels tough and durable due to the lifting? You still get erections when pretty little things walk past? lol The sign of a strong hormonal system etc.

Not quite 50 yet, but nearly there.

Everything works perfectly fine, love my compounds.

Recovery seems to take longer.

I turn 55 this month.

im stronger, healthier and more flexible, than when I was 30.

the only two exercises that aggravate things ATM are the press and dip.

compounds are a must? No they are not.

Plenty of studies out there showing that the big movements stimulate the most Testosterone and HGH.

I know you've complained about having low Test, you don't Squat or Deadlift - correlation???

it is like saying, chin-ups are better than lat pulldowns; no they are not.

what matters is working muscles.

I feel I am training my legs more effectively than ever, no squats needed. I could squat, but choose not to, and can't see any reason why I should.

Am I working quads? Yes.

Am I working hammies? Yes.

Am I working glutes? Yes.

Am I gaining strength? Yes.

Will I get get back to what I once did? No.

Will any exercise improve my testosterone? I don't think so.

Theres also a psychological aspect to the stimulation of Testosterone. Any aggressive Sport is shown to stimulate Test. When you are under a Bar loaded quite heavily doing Squats or whatever, just that psychology itself will stimulate Test. Not sure Chins etc would achieve that.

Yes, I am mentioning the Hormonal system as Test and HGH are so important to healthy and happy aging.

but my testosterone is normal for my age, albeit I wish it was higher.

If you honestly think lifting heavy raises your natural level in the longer term, good luck to you.

If you're having physical and/or mental health complications from low testosterone all the squats in the world won't help you. What will help you is testosterone.

but my testosterone is normal for my age, albeit I wish it was higher.

If you honestly think lifting heavy raises your natural level in the longer term, good luck to you.

OK. I do remember you saying you have low Test awhile back.

You can't deny that Squats and Deadlifts are the biggest producers of Test and HGH. You're just trolling me now - that's Repacked's job.

[MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; strawman argument Bench-warmer. :p

OK. I do remember you saying you have low Test awhile back.

You can't deny that Squats and Deadlifts are the biggest producers of Test and HGH. You're just trolling me now - that's Repacked's job.

@Repacked; strawman argument Bench-warmer. :p

That's not a straw man argument. It's an opinion. Straw man is Bazzas speciality.

not trolling at all; I am actually writing a book with a former MR Australia on training for older people which we hope informs older weight trainers.

I have never argued anything wrong with compounds; they have a number of advantages (time, and so on).

But, I have never believed that they are absolutely necessary to build muscle or leg power.

Obviously if you are a strength lifter they are crucial.