• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I seriously intend to be doing this as long as I'm alive. To me, lifting is a part of Healthy lifestyle, both physically and psychologically. Unless my joints give out I'll be Squatting, Deadlifting, Pressing, Chinning and Dipping. I may not do things like Barbell Rows as I feel they irritate the lower back, but COMPOUNDS ARE A MUST as we age, as long as done safely imo.

Look at [MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION]; how old is he, yet he is still a horndog into old age!

Thoughts!
I think i'm in the same way of thinking as well mate, its an extremely good routine and keeps you focused in life. Just like the Greeks said: "When you strengthen your body, you strengthen your mind" and how true this is in every aspect of life.

All my training is Callos/Body Weight/Military etc etc. Heaps of Squats, Sit Ups, Crunches, Leg Raises, Chins, Pulls, Hammer Pulls, Dips, Push Ups etc etc and i have free weights as well if i want to finish off a workout with a few isolations on bi's/tri's/calfs etc etc. Though 99% of the work load goes into large full body compounds and i always train full body as well. Every session starts with legs no matter what, followed by torso followed by upper body. I work from the foundation upwards, which is the opposite of what i did when i was younger.

Low dose GH over a long period of time can really benefit your whole body mate, fat loss, muscle gain, joints regrow stronger, and a hundred other positive effects as well. Even just 1-2iu ed is more than enough over an extended period of time fyi. Extremely beneficial for older cats :)

One big fear old people have is pushing too hard.
But it’s exactly what they need to do, but if you pick exercises that are bad for you injury is gonna happen.

doing the squat for example is an exercise that’s going to help the knee, you don’t perform the squat hoping not to injure yourself the idea of “exercise “ is esoteric for a lot of people.

ain’t life grand

One big fear old people have is pushing too hard.
But it’s exactly what they need to do, but if you pick exercises that are bad for you injury is gonna happen.

doing the squat for example is an exercise that’s going to help the knee, you don’t perform the squat hoping not to injure yourself the idea of “exercise “ is esoteric for a lot of people.

ain’t life grand
110% agree with that, they have one excuse after another: my knees sore, my foots sore, my shoulders sore etc etc etc. Just shows how weak many people are. Usually the reason they have so many of these so called "sores" is because they have neglected that area of their body for so long. I used to get really stiff shoulders and chest etc, then i'd train them and the pain would go away, the harder i trained the more the pain would go away.
100%.

Everyone should squat in some form.

I hate not squatting.
Even taking a shit means your squating for one rep, don't discount those hard squats right there:cool:(y)??

So many people leave here and stop training. They need that social aspect to keep training. Shows they're training for the wrong reasons.
Approaching 40 years of lifting. Training 6 days a week, carrying K and O in both hands and could wrestle a Bear hopefully.

Internal motivation mofos!

Rehabed my knee, but like most things, picked up an injury nearby. My Soleus/Gastrocnemius tie in weakened so having problems there now.

My knee feels and operates fine now. All that experimental rehab has worked. It's just the change in movement or the resting it has weakened the calf muscles or something.
As per usual, one injury leading to another.

My knee feels and operates fine now. All that experimental rehab has worked. It's just the change in movement or the resting it has weakened the calf muscles or something.
As per usual, one injury leading to another.

That’s wierd. I’ve never heard of that.
Does it have a synopsis?

That’s wierd. I’ve never heard of that.
Does it have a synopsis?
Where can I get a Synopsis?

Favouring one Leg over the other due to a dodgey Knee has lead to one Calf being stronger than the other I assume. Now I'm back to normal the injured Leg is still getting back to its proper condition and strength.

So I would assume you’d be doing single leg calf work to ensure the weak one catches up to the stronger one?

Doing all sorts of chit, Calf raises, hill walks, pushing chit etc. Considering doing Sled pushes in the Car Park with the car in neutral :eek:

It's also the lead Leg in my Boxing stance, so both Calves have different developments due to 40 odd years of training.