• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
And I will buy the Book Sparta.

But I'm outta this thread. You're all a bunch no Squatting, no Deadlifting slack jaw low Testosterone phaggots! :D

giphy.gif

Elbows are good

pressing has always irritated my shoulder, the left in particular

dipping is just starting to impinge some nerves Behring the left shoulder blade

im a mollydooker, Penant squash and tennis did that to me.

If you honestly think lifting heavy raises your natural level in the longer term, good luck to you.
I think if you go from sitting on the couch drinking beer, and living on cigarettes and KFC, and then go and lift and eat better food, then yes, your hormonal profile will improve. That Art of Manliness guy documented that on himself.

I don't think it makes a difference just how you lift.

I think all who are physically capable of doing so should squat, press and pull. But that's not because of hormones.

Well I think differently about the squat.

its got to be done properly, and I've always stated if you can squat do it.

the proper squat is a full squat, the proper squat is primarily a quad exercise and the full squat is fundamentally an exercise that improves the endocrine.

i really thing that squatting to or a tad below parallel is not a good long term proposition, because it's only a partial movement.

Do I have to go and dig up studies and links to post?????

No I don't, we all know that the major compounds elicit the most Test and HGH!!!!

Good post [MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION];

Last edited:
Another one denying that the major compounds are the best elicitors of Test and HGH???????

Do I have to go and dig up studies and links to post?????

No I don't, we all know this!!!!

What? Studies for many years said anabolic steroids don't aid strength gains.

And, show me a study that says people with low test end up having higher test from pulling deadlifts.

It is like saying that girls raise their test from doing compounds.

but you know what, I reckon they still have low test even after the girlies do deadlifts for years, at least the ones that do not dabble.

What? Studies for many years said anabolic steroids don't aid strength gains.

And, show me a study that says people with low test end up having higher test from pulling deadlifts.

It is like saying that girls raise their test from doing compounds.

but you know what, I reckon they still have low test even after the girlies do deadlifts for years, at least the ones that do not dabble.

1. Giustina A, Veldhuis JD. Pathophysiology of the neuroregulation of growth hormone secretion in experimental animals and the human. Endocr Rev 1998;19:717-797.

2. Kraemer, WJ, Fry AC, Warren BJ, et. al. Acute hormonal responses in elite junior weightlifters. Int J Sports Med 1992;13:103-109.
3. Fahey TD, Rolph R, Moungmee P, et al. Serum testosterone, body composition and strength of young adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1976;8:31-34.
4. Ratamess NA, Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, et al. Androgen receptor content following heavy resistance exercise in men. J Steroid Biochem Mol Bio 2005;93(1):35-42.
5. Ballor DL, Becque MD, Katch VL. Metabolic responses during hydraulic resistance exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1987;19:363-367.
6. Kraemer WJ, Marchitelli L, Gordon SE, et. al. Hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise protocols. J Appl Physiol 1990;69:1442-1450.
7. Kraemer WJ, Gordon SE, Fleck SJ, et. al. Endogenous anabolic hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise in males and females. Int J Sports Med 1991;12:228-235
8. Gotshalk LA, Loebel, CC, Nindl BC, et. al. Hormonal responses to multiset versus single-set heavy resistance exercise protocols. Can J Appl Physiol 1997;22:244-255
9. Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, French DN, et.al. The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery. J Strength Cond Res 2003;17:455-462
10. Hoffman, JR, Im J, Rundell KW, et.al. Effect of muscle oxygenation during resistance exercise on anabolic hormone response. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2003;35:1929-1934
11. Kahn, SM, Hyrb DJ, Nakhla AM, et. al. Sex hormone-binding globulin is synthesized in target cells. J Endocrinol 2002;175:113-120

take that!!!

lol

I win. Lock thread pls [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; :p

Last edited:
so stiffy, you are saying that I will improve my test level from 15 by doing compound exercises.

You don't really observe do you. vonfram does nothing but compound lifts, and what is his test level? below 10.

In a more recent study, Marin et al. (2006) found that exercise also increased testosterone levels in men. Men who participated in this study had their testosterone level tested prior to exercising and then again after performing lat pulls, bench presses, leg curls, leg extensions, leg presses, and military presses. Immediately after exercising the mens' testosterone levels were significantly raised, but then dropped back to baseline levels after 20 minutes had passed. From the studies described above it appears that exercising may increase testosterone levels, but that increased testosterone levels drop back to baseline levels shortly after the exercise is over. However, there are also a few studies that show that exercising decreases testosterone levels in men after exercise (e.g., Wheeler, 2003) and so the jury is still out as to whether or not exercise can increase testosterone levels.

Marin, D. P., Figueira, A. J. Jr., and Pinto, L. G. (2006). One Session of Resistance Training May Increase Serum Testosterone and Triiodetironine in Young Men? Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 38: S285.

Wheeler, G. D., Singh, M., Pierce, W. D., Epling, W. F., and Cumming, D. C. (1991). Endurance training decreases serum testosterone levels in men without change in luteinizing hormone pulsatile release. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 72: 422-425.

so stiffy, you are saying that I will improve my test level from 15 by doing compound exercises.

You don't really observe do you. vonfram does nothing but compound lifts, and what is his test level? below 10.

Individual lifestyle factors are complicated Spartacus. Take Von for example. Von is also a N.R.A. member. N.R.A. member equals high aromatization. High aromatization equals LOW Testosterone. Science!!!

I just woke up with a massive mongrel in my pants, how about you Spartacus?

I think we've conclusively proved the link between big compounds and the hormonal response. Can we now move onto the other aspects of why lifting into old age is beneficial. :)

Bone density???
Heart health???
Posture????
What else????

What I think people forgot, or aren't aware of is that a raise in testosterone doesn't necessarily mean a boost in muscle growth. Things like looking at attractive women, a fast car, getting sun exposure, libido enhancers all raise testosterone, but they do not equate to muscle hypertrophy. I'm not well educated in the different types of testosterone and what's needed for muscle growth, but I have heard many experts say that these small short-term boosts in testosterone don't mean anything long term.

I think the main factor you can control is to make sure you're not deficient in testosterone by having a balanced diet, being active and lifting heavy (compound) weights.

What I think people forgot, or aren't aware of is that a raise in testosterone doesn't necessarily mean a boost in muscle growth. Things like looking at attractive women, a fast car, getting sun exposure, libido enhancers all raise testosterone, but they do not equate to muscle hypertrophy. I'm not well educated in the different types of testosterone and what's needed for muscle growth, but I have heard many experts say that these small short-term boosts in testosterone don't mean anything long term.

I think the main factor you can control is to make sure you're not deficient in testosterone by having a balanced diet, being active and lifting heavy (compound) weights.

Yes, well aware that increases in Test within the Natural range does not equate to Muscle Growth. But increases in Test do have other, particularly Health, advantages as we age.

You wait until you're an old Man like [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; :p

Jk Sparta :)

You know how it used to be believed that Old kents, like Spartacus, had high E and that is why they get Fat.

Well, apparently its Low E causing Fat deposits in old age. Low E as a result of Low T.

Its E which manages Fat deposits as we age.

but I'm sure [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; will dispute this :p

I use mainly compound lifts. Not because of the boost in test but just because the are more enjoyable lifts to do.