• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A new milk has been introduced to NSW starting today called Made by cow. Since it's still illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption in Australia, some of the wording on their website is less than honest in my opinion. Check it out for yourself. http://www.madebycow.com.au/?gclid=CMzG7YPyh80CFQyZvAodtncDMg
At $5 /750ml I believe.

What wording don't you like Fadi. Few things I could pick through that are stretching the truth but nothing massive.

I don't know much about cold pressed milk though.

Maybe they squeeze it out of the cow without using heat. Poor old buggers, no wonder it's expensive.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

What wording don't you like Fadi. Few things I could pick through that are stretching the truth but nothing massive.

I don't know much about cold pressed milk though.

7467656-3x2-340x227.jpg

The inclusion of the word "raw" as you can clearly see from the above photo Barry, is sufficient enough to create a question mark inside of my head. Why so? Because as I've said before (and as you are very much aware), that to sell "raw" milk for human consumption in Australia is illegal as things stand right now. So instead of applying heat to kill the pathogens, they are applying cold in its most extremities.

If I sound like I'm simply out to bash, I am not. On the contrary, I would want Australia to come up with a world first as this company has claimed for itself. My issue is please don't start out on the wrong foot by playing with words. What makes raw milk raw? If this raw is not that raw, then be straight forward about it by telling us so. Saying it's not homogenized or it's not pasteurised by applying a heat process onto it etc. does not tell the whole story for me. Comparing the temperature applied to it to that of the deepest of deep oceans (and even colder than that) is playing with words as far as I'm concerned. No different than reading "no cholesterol" or "cholesterol free" on some olive oil bottles. It's good as a selling point, but it's been less than honest (not dishonest), but less than honest Barry.

Last edited:
View attachment 11891

The inclusion of the word "raw" as you can clearly see from the above photo Barry, is sufficient enough to create a question mark inside of my head. Why so? Because as I've said before (and as you are very much aware), that to sell "raw" milk for human consumption in Australia is illegal as things stand right now. So instead of applying heat to kill the pathogens, they are applying cold in its most extremities.

If I sound like I'm simply out to bash, I am not. On the contrary, I would want Australia to come up with a world first as this company has claimed for itself. My issue is please don't start out on the wrong foot by playing with words. What makes raw milk raw? If this raw is not that raw, then be straight forward about it by telling us so. Saying it's not homogenized or it's not pasteurised by applying a heat process onto it etc. does not tell the whole story for me. Comparing the temperature applied to it to that of the deepest of deep oceans (and even colder than that) is playing with words as far as I'm concerned. No different than reading "no cholesterol" or "cholesterol free" on some olive oil bottles. It's good as a selling point, but it's been less than honest (not dishonest), but less than honest Barry.

Yeah. It's highly processed so hardly raw.

Little things I was looking at was claiming more nutrients than pasteurized, pasteurization actually activates more of certain nutrients.

The claim they start with healthier cows, Says who. And they have clean machinery, hardly a difference from anyone else. Same with cows eating grass.

Yeah. It's highly processed so hardly raw.

Little things I was looking at was claiming more nutrients than pasteurized, pasteurization actually activates more of certain nutrients.

The claim they start with healthier cows, Says who. And they have clean machinery, hardly a difference from anyone else. Same with cows eating grass.
I couldn't agree with you more Barry, thanks for your prompt comment mate. I mean hey, if you've got a great product, let the product speak for itself without resorting to putting down or downgrading other Aussie dairy farmers, who by the way, play by the same extremely tough Australian dairy/health rules that you (made by cow milk) do.

I couldn't agree with you more Barry, thanks for your prompt comment mate. I mean hey, if you've got a great product, let the product speak for itself without resorting to putting down or downgrading other Aussie dairy farmers, who by the way, play by the same extremely tough Australian dairy/health rules that you (made by cow milk) do.

I say good on them for having a crack and doing something different though.

Agree. Ive converted to organic, get a better price.

Next you'll be drinking almond milk served in a vegimate jar by a skinny jeans and man hair bun wearing, fixie pedalling hipster kunce that charges you $12 for the "privilege"

Next you'll be drinking almond milk served in a vegimate jar by a skinny jeans and man hair bun wearing, fixie pedalling hipster kunce that charges you $12 for the "privilege"

Yeah I'm talking shit. Shrek was trying to get a rise out of me by mentioning organic. I wouldn't join that cult, couldn't live with myself.