• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
taking thing slow. Seeing what I like the taste of trying things like bone broths.

That's good. You could eat pretty much what you were already eating, just add in a protein source. As long as you're not going from one extreme to the other (vegan to pure junk food). You could even play with the concept of being a weekday vegetarian. Eat what you normally would during the week and fulfil your meat cravings on the weekend.

Phuark. You'd think that if you don't get the full spectrum of micronutrients in each day your ass is going to fall out. You can survive on a diet of rubbish for a long time and have no ill effects. Is it ideal, no. Could it cause problems down the track, I'd imagine so. Could everyone do it long term, probably not. Are you going to shrivel up and blow away in a puff of dust in a week, I doubt it. I think the problems you are likely to encounter rather than anything terminal are things like reduced energy, skin issues like slower healing, maybe increased susceptibility to cold etc, but this mainly depend on the individuals predisposition I'd imagine.

Last edited:
I may or may not have re discovered tim tams. I feel like tomorrow is going to be a potato day. I am pretty much listening to my body at this point and it is telling me it wants potatos.

Tonight I am eating my vegan spaghetti.

I'm listening to my body. It says I was a few beers, hamburger with the lot and fish and chips.

Our bodies must speak the same language, mines always telling me: more beer.
btw
got dragged (by this chick) to this hipster fuken restaurant for lunch today, you would have loved it Baz
served all drinks in jars, the fuken furniture was made from pallets, the chandeliers were made from bottles, fuken stools way too tall for the table the used to be a door in its last life, doilies everywhere and didn't know a single thing off the menu as they called by stoopid names.
promised myself I'd torch the joint one day

Our bodies must speak the same language, mines always telling me: more beer.
btw
got dragged (by this chick) to this hipster fuken restaurant for lunch today, you would have loved it Baz
served all drinks in jars, the fuken furniture was made from pallets, the chandeliers were made from bottles, fuken stools way too tall for the table the used to be a door in its last life, doilies everywhere and didn't know a single thing off the menu as they called by stoopid names.
promised myself I'd torch the joint one day

Sounds like you went to the rubbish tip for a meal.

Bone broth when done right (time factor wise) is full of goodness, in the form of the amino acid glycine (to balance out the high level of the amino acid methionine found in lean meat), and electrolytes such as calcium and more from the bones themselves.

However if one wishes to complete the health circle as far as the consumption of meat is concerned, consuming bone broth with meat is only two-third done. You also need to consume your organ of choice, be that liver, kidney, heart, brain, etc. Basically the whole animal needs to be consumed if you wish to say that your protein is of the complete protein type...., from a health and nutritive point of view, and not just simply from a complete list of all the amino acids etc. The whole animal = balance. Less than that, and it depends on what you leave out. Some people leave out the fat. Some bush people would leave out the meat first, by diving into the fat, and only after, have some meat. You all know my feeling towards anyone who throws away the yolk of an egg in favour of the white, so I won't repeat myself here...:)

Last edited:
I dare say most Aussies don't like eating offal
I remember when my mum would make a chicken soup there was always some heart, giblets or chicken feet in there as well

Last edited:
I dare say most Aussies don't like eating offal
I remember when my mum would make a chicken soup there was always some heart, giblets or chicken feet in there as well
Same here Darkoz. I think after 1977 (when the food pyramid as we know it) came out, with horror stories about cholesterol and saturated fats, the western world (first and foremost) bought into that idea, and since those days, it's been a hugely uphill battle to simply eat whole foods. Fast forward to the age of computers that we're living now, and you've got yourself a double whammy of inactivity that is married to a naked bride (food), naked in every way except taste, as if we've become slaves held hostages to our own taste buds.

In all my years, I've never felt better or more energized than when I was eating a large amount of eggs (20-30/day)..., no I'm not suggesting anyone do that. But eggs, liver, saturated fats like ghee, butter, full cream milk, home made natural yogurt, fatty fish like sardines and mackerel, herbs such as parsley (Tabouleh), and the rest of fully "dressed" food, except whole grain whole wheat stuff (which set my joints on fire) due to them causing high inflammation were kept out.

I think if one truly listens to his body's feedback immediately after and /or a day after ingesting certain foods, one ought to be able to figure out what food suits them well (based on what they're involved in at the time, sport wise etc), and what foods ought to be kept out. Often we make the mistake of listening to what is suitable for someone else without listening to what our bodies are trying to tell us via (perhaps) a low mood, a high and bright mood, a feeling of lethargy vs a feeling of eagerness to move about.

The west (as a whole) due to its capitalist driven way of life, has lost one of the most crucial element to human health, and no it's not food. In a single word, it's: connectedness!

My jaws drop when I see people standing next to each other or being in the same room, yet communicating via some electronic mean, and not necessarily with or to each other! It seems that the "social" media and its social mediums have stripped the physicality that was once intrinsic to the word "social". Bring back connectedness for it is embedded into our DNA as human beings, and without it, we will suffer and we are suffering, yet are fumbling in looking for the right answers in the wrong places. Bone broth anyone :)?

Last edited: