• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ok.
Thought of Paleo? ��
With Paleo and vegans etc. it's not so much about what they eat but more about what they don't eat. Whenever someone begins to exclude a whole food group or two (or more) from their diet, it ought to raise more than few questions regarding nutrition or nutrients.

My body+plus veganism=not working

Translation: My body+plus veganism + wanting to be more than a coat hanger or couch potato =not working

Solution: Reide's body + animal protein + wanting to be more than a coat hanger or couch potato = awesome gainz.

With Paleo and vegans etc. it's not so much about what they eat but more about what they don't eat. Whenever someone begins to exclude a whole food group or two (or more) from their diet, it ought to raise more than few questions regarding nutrition or nutrients.
Ver y true Fadi

But is it really bad to exclude items such as sugars and saturated fats, probably not a bad idea for general health

So what have you replaced veganism with? Following a diet guideline or eating whatever?

But is it really bad to exclude items such as sugars and saturated fats, probably not a bad idea for general health
Your body won't allow you to exclude certain nutrients that it needs to survive, hence it does not rely on you (or me) to provide it with such nutrients, as it will make them itself.

People (the human race) in general is always looking outside of themselves to blame (say) a state of negativity on. If it's not the hormone insulin, then it must be that dreadful cholesterol, and if it's not those two, then it must be the sugars and/or the saturated fats we eat, and on it goes.

Then you have the flip side of that same coin, where you're told that fish oil in its isolated form will do you some good. Sometimes we need to analyse and scrutinise the words someone is sharing with us, as for example in the sentence I just wrote above, where the "you" has more than just one system, and not only the cardiovascular one etc. If I had a say in the matter, I would ban the sale of fish oil capsules, or what I would prefer to call wrinkles before their time (not to mention cancer) in a bottle. You may think I'm being "funny", I am not. This is a deep and vast subject, yet it ought to be the simplest and most uncomplicated subject of them all.

You mentioned sugars. And I bet you weren't expecting me to ask you this question when you thought of the word "sugars". Do you know what is the backbone of your DNA? You've guessed it, sugar!

The backbone of DNA is based on a repeated pattern of a sugar group and a phosphate group. The full name of DNA, deoxyribonucleic acid, gives you the name of the sugar present - deoxyribose. Deoxyribose is a modified form of another sugar called ribose. Now you ask someone if they would pay for and consume a sugar called Ribose (which you can purchase from iHerb etc), and I am willing to bet they'd say what for, sugar is bad for you mate! I am in no way suggesting anyone go and buy any type of sugar, I'm simply making a point of how sometimes people label (or lump) a particular ingredient as bad, before examining the full facts.

Similarly, when it comes to saturated fats and/or cholesterol. Your liver manufactures 2000mg of cholesterol on a daily basis, for without cholesterol, you would simply disintegrate. If we were to play some word game, and I was to simply ask you to place either the word "good" or "bad" next to what I'm about to share with you...

1. Highly stable
2. Highly unstable
3. Rancid and oxidised
4. Saturated fats are highly stable
5. Isolated omega 3 fatty acids are highly unstable and rancid

You don't need an Einstein to work out what I just did above. Yes, of course there's more to it, however I am oversimplifying it for the sake of the forum here. Because we can take saturated fats (or certain foods that are high in them) by themselves and begin to analyse these foods individually. Example, are we going to have our saturated fat raw or heated, and if heated , what is the smoking point of that particular saturated fat in that particular food? I can tell you off the top of my head that the #1 saturated fat food for cooking (no, it's not coconut oil), nor butter, but clarified butter aka ghee. So next time you wish to fry an egg (if you prefer your eggs fried), would be to add some saturated fats in the form of ghee. Other fats can be used, but we're talking about the ultimate best of the best when it comes to heat stability.

I'll leave it here for as I've said, this subject is vast, and one of my favourites. Thanks .

Last edited: