• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
22 years ago my ex wife left me with my daughters; 4 and 6, going to gym and working out kept me sane and gave me a passion it was extremely hard for Me and my daughters back then, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Last edited:
What made so difficult was wanting a family for my kids, I lost my dad when I was 12, more than anything I wanted my kids to have mum and dad together, she blew away those dreams.
in the end she did us a favour

What made so difficult was wanting a family for my kids, I lost my dad when I was 12, more than anything I wanted my kids to have mum and dad together, she blew away those dreams.

Family is what you make it mate. I think the 'normal' family is a fallacy. Every family has dysfunction and problems. It's not the number of members of the immediate family that are around that is the critical factor. I'm sure your daughters appreciate the family they have and you provided.

22 years ago my ex wife left me with my daughters; 4 and 6, going to gym and working out kept me sane and gave me a passion it was extremely hard for Me and my daughters back then, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
I've noticed what you've edited out Andy. Is that something you're going through now?

I have a 20 year old son Fadi, he's in uni studying nuclear medicine and does acting at a local theatre, he just recently performed at the Festival Theatre here in Adelaide, I see hime but of course not as often as I'd like.
My parents also divorced when I was 5, I've seen my father maybe 3 times since.
Any way, I shouldn't clog this thread up with my whinging
You sound like one proud dad mate, and why not! I wish your son a great future. Your words are not perceived as whinging in the least; feel free to write whatever you deem worthy of sharing, publically or in a private message. We all need each other, I know I said that before, but it's so true, especially with us men. I won't bother (or nag) you with anymore probing questions brother, but you know where to find me if you need to have a mature discussion now, later, or whenever, if ever. Take care.

And to top it all off, I lost all of my gym equipment that I collected over the years, all of it jjust sitting in my ex garage now covered in 3 years worth of dust.

How long have you been married now Andy?

all these stories is what worries me about having a family! I wouldn't make it like you boys have
Why the pessimism mate? What is it that we have that you lack of? Answer: nothing!

We all have it built within us to make it in this life. Your self worth is only worth what you want it to be worth. Every second that you spend doubting your worth, every moment you spend criticising the real you in you, you take away from your self worth and give it to someone else.

And we all know there's no shortage of people who like nothing more in life than to rise up an inch at your own expanse...I say don't give them the opportunity, as they would only afford you the respect you first afford to your own worthy self.

And to top it all off, I lost all of my gym equipment that I collected over the years, all of it jjust sitting in my ex garage now covered in 3 years worth of dust.

Dont have the space right now or she just won't let you take them?

Family is what you make it mate. I think the 'normal' family is a fallacy. Every family has dysfunction and problems. It's not the number of members of the immediate family that are around that is the critical factor. I'm sure your daughters appreciate the family they have and you provided.

You are right, my only issue I had was thinking I was robbed of my right to grow up with both my parents, an issue I carried up until about 15 years ago, death is a terrible thing for a kid to try to cope with.
right now my philosophy is just be yourself, surround yourself with people that like you, I love what's left of my siblings and mother but it doesn't necessarily mean I like them, and I'm comfortable with that, as you get older you just get comfortable in your own skin, do things right and show integrity when you're young.