• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
Does anyone here just train whenever they feel like it and what ever they feel like?

While ive only been backing training a couple of weeks, im just training what ever i fancie, following no set routine what so ever (still trying to hit the main body parts) . So far i am enjoying it, I think for someone like myself having a forced routine and diet and all that shit is a bad thing. just going to continue down this path of training what takes my fancie, for instance today did shoulders but then felt like some dead lifts, so i did. Going to be the same for diet, not going to eat set meals at set times, just gona follow my gut and the only macro's i will be counting is whether I have 1 cheeseberger, or 2.

Anyone else tried this approach? Success/failure?

If you like that style of training then do it.
I can't. I need structure and clear progression outcomes.

I would love to train like that and am envious of people that do. It would make training pure enjoyment. Just do what you feel like doing on hte day. If I was training just for some general fitness I would definitely do it this way. I think though that I've been too structured for too long and doubt I even could. My OCD wouldn't let me. Maybe when I'm an old man...

I would love to train like that and am envious of people that do. It would make training pure enjoyment. Just do what you feel like doing on hte day. If I was training just for some general fitness I would definitely do it this way. I think though that I've been too structured for too long and doubt I even could. My OCD wouldn't let me. Maybe when I'm an old man...

see im the opposite of ocd lol. im the most fickle kunce ever, just go through endless phases of things. i just want to focus more on "time to go to the gym" as apposed to "time to go train xyz"

see im the opposite of ocd lol. im the most fickle kunce ever, just go through endless phases of things. i just want to focus more on "time to go to the gym" as apposed to "time to go train xyz"

Do it man. If you're doing it purely for the enjoyment and a little fitness/to stay in shape why not enjoy it.

Hence why most brosephs miss leg training. They do want they want and most often choose the easier chest, shoulder arm workouts because they don't feel like leg day. Too hard. You wanna be a bro [MENTION=16]jon[/MENTION]nie walker; ??

nah i still still hit legs, i just wont have set days for set bodyparts etc. today did deadlifts then lunges ontop of sholders

As is always said, for a routine to be useful it should be sustainable long term. If for it to be sustainable long term there actually has to be an absence of a structured program, so be it. Embrace the chaos.