• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't plan or schedule protein drinks. I'll only use it before bed if I haven't meet protein requirements for the day or if I was lazy and didn't prepare breakfast, then I'll drink it in the car on the way to work. I don't subscribe to the PWO anabolic window 30 mins crap.

Last edited:
seeing our bodies are no different to cavemen (no im not going to talk about paleo)

surely our bodies are better adapted to random burst of exercise (hunting) and random timing of food.

not like you would be out hunting bears for 3 sets of 10 reps with a 30 second rest, then consuming your kill within the next 30 mins to hit the anabolic window.

But don't you subscribe to maximum recovery potential/time?

More that there has been research showing as long as you eat within 12 hours after training there is not significant difference compared to chugging a shake straight after.

The anabolic research window stuff was done on people that had not eaten recently before training either. If you have eaten within hours of training you will still have food digesting negating any "anabolic window"

I never mentioned "anabolic window".

2444945-5903787721-19123.jpg

It's like people are on broscience patrol without reading the post properly. I said maximum recovery time. Your body can't recover until you feed it. You can wait until midnight until you eat, but your body will be idle until then where it could be digesting food and recovering.

More that there has been research showing as long as you eat within 12 hours after training there is not significant difference compared to chugging a shake straight after.

The anabolic research window stuff was done on people that had not eaten recently before training either. If you have eaten within hours of training you will still have food digesting negating any "anabolic window"

this would make more sense re my previous post

I never mentioned "anabolic window".

2444945-5903787721-19123.jpg

It's like people are on broscience patrol without reading the post properly. I said maximum recovery time. Your body can't recover until you feed it. You can wait until midnight until you eat, but your body will be idle until then where it could be digesting food and recovering.

Time for you to do some reading that's not the Max's website.

Point being you don't seem to understand how the body works. Your understanding is straight from supplement advertising.

So your body is going to rebuild without food? You said it's not needed if you have eaten a few hours before, but what if you haven't? Or what if you haven't eaten enough/optimally? Just because supplements claim a lot of things doesn't mean everything is untrue. And this isn't even coming from "glossy labels". Careful you don't turn in Mick.

My mistake SteveP. I misread your post. Apologies.

JW. Just stick to losing money on real investments and making money on your fake investments.

But don't you subscribe to maximum recovery potential/time?
I don't care about maximum. I care about 95%.
Also what's to say me eating chicken and sweet potato 15 mins after training isn't maximum recovery?

I have a routine, a plan, because I'm inherently lazy so if I do what I feel like I'll do nothing or not push myself. I need a plan to make me push.

It most likely is. I'm more talking about people who wait hours to have a meal.

Meals take many hours to fully digest. So if you had a meal before lifting you have plenty of nutrients circulating even if you don't eat for a couple hours after.

Right, that's why some people recommend to have a post workout shake. Cover all bases and then you don't need to pre or post calculate meal timing.

Right, that's why some people recommend to have a post workout shake. Cover all bases and then you don't need to pre or post calculate meal timing.

Almost everyone is likely covering all bases anyway with their standard meals as it is.