• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I heard if you ask for decaf in Lebanon you get deported.

I've just started drinking coffee of late for my caffeine hit.

People get weird when you drink a rockstar at 4am but no one gives a shit if it's a coffee. Just got sick of explaining it to them.

Went to Moree in Northern NSW yesterday (don't normally go there, but got send there for work) and saw this stuff on the shelf:

https://a2milk.com.au/our-farms/?gclid=CIG_hPaBkM0CFVMDvAodrDAB2w

A2 milk, What the fuck is A1 and A2 protein??

QUOTE:

Each cow on these farms has been selected to produce only the A2 protein and none of the A1 protein found in regular cows’ milk.

Really?? Special Cows?? Wonder how much of this is BS and how much is fact??

Last edited:
Went to Moree in Northern NSW yesterday (don't normally go there, but got send there for work) and saw this stuff on the shelf:

QUOTE:

Each cow on these farms has been selected to produce only the A2 protein and none of the A1 protein found in regular cows’ milk.

Cows produce a variant of a protein in their milk.

It can be A2A2, A1A2 or A1A1. In regular milk you will get a combination of all 3 variants.

In a2 milk they have just tested the cows and kept only the A2A2 cows and breed them to A2A2 Bulls and you will only have A2A2 offspring. There is nothing special about the cows producing a2 milk.

The a2 company has the patent on selling a2 milk. They are nice and lose on the science and promote it as a "proven" health product with a heap of dubious claims.

Some of their own funded research showed no significant difference between normal milk and A2. No surprise they still managed to conclude that A2 milk was better.

Last edited:
Cows produce a ....
Barry, I'm wondering if you're in the business of breeding cows for slaughter or just for milk. I ask because I'm currently researching the subject of muscle growth due to protein degradation and protein synthesis. I know fish farms use such research, though I'm studying it for bodybuilding etc. Do other farmed animals company use such research to (say) grow a particular kind of meat etc, that you are aware of? Thank you mate.

Barry, I'm wondering if you're in the business of breeding cows for slaughter or just for milk. I ask because I'm currently researching the subject of muscle growth due to protein degradation and protein synthesis. I know fish farms use such research, though I'm studying it for bodybuilding etc. Do other farmed animals company use such research to (say) grow a particular kind of meat etc, that you are aware of? Thank you mate.

Na. Just breed specifically for milk.

QUOTE:

Na. Just breed specifically for milk.
OK thank you for that reply Barry. Another question if you don't mind. Now that we have The Complete Dairy with their High Protein Milk being sold to the public, would you be considering taking this up a notch by providing the market with the same high protein milk, yet this time have it as unhomogenised milk? Is my question irrelevant, i.e. you're simply a supplier of raw milk to some company that does with it as it wills? Thanks again for your time.

OK thank you for that reply Barry. Another question if you don't mind. Now that we have The Complete Dairy with their High Protein Milk being sold to the public, would you be considering taking this up a notch by providing the market with the same high protein milk, yet this time have it as unhomogenised milk? Is my question irrelevant, i.e. you're simply a supplier of raw milk to some company that does with it as it wills? Thanks again for your time.

You have to remember there are no dairy herds producing this 6% protein 3.4% fat milk. This is an adjusted processed product to get to that point, which I'm fine with by the way. They say on their web site the protein is increased by their cold filtering process but I'm not sure how it works to lift the protein.

We sell to a milk factory like over 99% of the dairy herds in Aus. We don't have any control what our product goes to. I've been working on breeding and feeding our cows to produce a higher fat and protein content because that's what be get paid on. As well as breeding for healthier more robust cows.

You have to remember there are no dairy herds producing this 6% protein 3.4% fat milk. This is an adjusted processed product to get to that point, which I'm fine with by the way. They say on their web site the protein is increased by their cold filtering process but I'm not sure how it works to lift the protein.

We sell to a milk factory like over 99% of the dairy herds in Aus. We don't have any control what our product goes to. I've been working on breeding and feeding our cows to produce a higher fat and protein content because that's what be get paid on. As well as breeding for healthier more robust cows.
Thank you Barry most appreciated as always.