• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Close
scotch and a skank knocks me out
Reckon you need some of this.... Is meant to be the goods, I'm going to check out the distillery tomorrow and pick up a bottle

bd027687de64c7f3fcb58991c8ddb737.jpg

Can't sleep at all lately. Melatonin leaves me groggy so trying to stay away from that. Anyone try somatomax?

My money says you are overdosing the melatonin. What is the brand and dose you are taking?

In addition to melatonin, I like GABA. But go slow on GABA. Start at very low doses and gradually move up.

Yer [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION] and add to that having three young kids who wake up in the night. You'll be so tired after a few days you will literally sleep sitting up !!

For a restful sleep, I've got two ingredients to share with the forum. One is the sweet stuff, and the other is an adaptogen that would put a smile on your face once you get up in the morning.

The sweet stuff? It looks like sugar, tastes like sugar, feels like sugar in your mouth..., so it must be sugar right? Wrong, this sweet stuff is none other than that sweet amine, the amino acid glycine. I've taken it for the health of my connective tissue, as this is the stuff (the gelatinous stuff) that sits on top of a bone broth that's been slowly cooking overnight then cooled. It's that jelly looking stuff, that's what's full of the amino acid glycine..., ask the paleo people, they'd know exactly what we're talking about here.

In addition to reducing the fire (your inflammation), and building your connective tissues up, it serves to calm you down for a good night sleep.

The adaptogen I was referring to that would also clear your mind and ease you into sleep is ashwagandha. You just need to be careful with this one according to the brand, as some would really depress your mind, and by that I don't mean make you feel depressed, but rather it over does it with the sedation factor, that upon waking, instead of having a smile on your face, you just want to go back to bed.

For the interested, ask me and I'll point out which brand does what for you (or me as was the case).

Last edited: