• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Its not just age, it's how much weight you hump also, when young (20s) and not overly strong, do the work, as you get older and stronger and hump some serious weight, will need longer to recover. Them heavy weights take the piss out of you.
So I 100% agree with shrek and baz, while young and fresh, train as much as time will allow you to, cos later it will be as much as your body will allow you to.

Its not just age, it's how much weight you hump also, when young (20s) and not overly strong, do the work, as you get older and stronger and hump some serious weight, will need longer to recover. Them heavy weights take the piss out of you.
So I 100% agree with shrek and baz, while young and fresh, train as much as time will allow you to, cos later it will be as much as your body will allow you to.
Interesting choice of words from you Grunta, Freud would have had a feild day with you :eek:

Take that program and split it up and make it a 6 day thing. Easy.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

If you want in and out of the gym in 45 minutes or so, i wouldnt spend that time working just one muscle. Not very efficient. Id be looking for compounds for almost everything. Shit id even drop the curls and use chinups instead actually. Probably better.

If you want in and out of the gym in 45 minutes or so, i wouldnt spend that time working just one muscle. Not very efficient. Id be looking for compounds for almost everything. Shit id even drop the curls and use chinups instead actually. Probably better.

I wouldn't
chin ups don't hit biceps very well and every kunce wants biceps

^^^
Anyway, you'd have to ask silversack what he wants:
get strong?
be out of there in 45?
or pump some guns up quickly

The prob with chin ups is they also hit the lats. If you have already trained lats and only wanna hit biceps then curls (bb or db) are they go.

If you do chins properly they are a back movement and biceps do very little. If your biceps are working on chins, what do you do to train your lats?

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Under hand close grip engage a lot of bicep. No doubt.
So here comes the old chin ups v pull ups debacle again. ??

Under hand close grip engage a lot of bicep. No doubt.
So here comes the old chin ups v pull ups debacle again. ??
I don't think chins have to engage bicep. I know they can but if you pull on the humerus rather than pulling on your hand, the bicep is pretty much eliminated. Debacle averted. ?

I've been doing chin ups twice a week for the last 6 months and think I've made good bicep gains due to them. The trick is to have a narrow grip and imagine pulling the bar to your chest. Most people stop short of getting the full bicep contraction.

I don't think chins have to engage bicep. I know they can but if you pull on the humerus rather than pulling on your hand, the bicep is pretty much eliminated. Debacle averted. ?

That is a good que and I like it but, oh the biceps are working that's unavoidable
If you pronate the hand well then that's different but expect elbow pain after prolonged use of this exercise.

like everything the truth is in the middle and in this case a neutral grip is good and good for the shoulder.

The best way to work out the hand spacing on the bar is to have the upper arm at your torso and bicep contracted, that hand spacing is for you.

here comes the old chin ups v pull ups debacle again. ����

Yep, its been bashed around before and will again.

In a situation where a youngster says to me:

"Excuse me your Gruntashipness, I would like to build some insane biceps like you have so I too can look fully crazy in one size too small t-Shirt while holding a Heineken with a full bicep flex in da club and rip chicks like you do. Enlighten me with your wisdom on how to achieve this dream that you so take for granted on a daily basis?"

I would say, curl mofo, curl, cos curls get the girls my minion. Don't go hanging of the chin bar, cos you want to be a chick magnet like the Grunta, not a circus chimp.

I'd say that cos I do believe that one would size his biceps up faster by training them with 3 different exercises using weights rather than just chins.