• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Nice question, but so many options, personally I believe the point of working out is to 'damage' the muscles so they can grow, they grow while you are resting not while you are training.

30-45 minutes three times a week can cover it, but may be you need more time. It's not an easy question to answer as there would be almost as many answers as people training, with various programs, full body 3 times per week, or split routines training 4 or 5 times a week all work.

Really depends on your preferences and personal goals and time and recovery ability, all of which vary from person to person.

Hope this has not confused you more.

Thanks you and goose have made good replies, the others I'm not to sure what they mean lol sorry guys
goose is intensity of work like using the most weight you can handle and not resting much thanks.

I personally prefer the split routine, so its more about the work than time.
Rather than saying I need to workout for x amount of time today, it's I've got 12-15 sets per body part and I'm doing 2 body parts as intense as I can, so my goal is to be out of there in under 90 minutes.
Generally do that 4 times a week.

I personally prefer the split routine, so its more about the work than time.
Rather than saying I need to workout for x amount of time today, it's I've got 12-15 sets per body part and I'm doing 2 body parts as intense as I can, so my goal is to be out of there in under 90 minutes.
Generally do that 4 times a week.
90 mins is still a fair bit. If you are doing 2 bodyparts, the second shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins, for instance tri's after chest or bi's after back.

I don't like going for more than 1hr, less if possible.

90 mins is still a fair bit. If you are doing 2 bodyparts, the second shouldn't take more than 10-15 mins, for instance tri's after chest or bi's after back.

I don't like going for more than 1hr, less if possible.

Yeah, I'd love to be out in <1hr but can't get 30 sets out that quickly, its always a bit more than that.

Ok, what do we tell people (in general) about vitamins, minerals and enzymes and oils?
this site http://health-heart.org had been around for some time and I have always liked it as a reference, l like to keep my mind open but not too much, vitamins and such have always been a consideration in my diet for many years along with the fads this being one of them, I go in and out in favour of taking, more often than not life gets in the way.

i say; make sure you have a good multi and eat as well as you can, if you are in to processed food as well make sure you supplement with the above.

^^^
pretty much said it, supp with a good multi as some of these boiled chicken and rice diets don't have all the nutrients you need.

I'll just add that if you get plenty of variety in your diet which includes veg and salads not so necessary to supplement vits and if you're not a big appetite type of person, may want to include a drinkable protein in your daily feasts.

Thats about it.

If I have everything right like diet and supps and recovery and exercises.

what is more important after that

the weight you lift or the number of reps I read it's not even that but could be the final rep or 2

i know your going to say don't overthink it, but I got to understand it is that wrong

the weight you lift or the number of reps I read it's not even that but could be the final rep or 2

i know your going to say don't overthink it, but I got to understand it is that wrong

When new, Personally i would get you to do more work than weight, pump that muscle up with reps and get it to come out a bit.
That will get you motivated and give you a massive hardon, than introduce some heavier weight a bit later.

Best thing you can do is get yourself accustomed to the exercise at around the 10-12 rep range.
Pretty stock standard, you'll have the ability to feel the weight and get a good contraction without trying to sacrifice form.
Learn how to move a weight properly, then start a 5x5 program or similar build some strength (newby gains complementary), then some size.

If i had my time over, 3× a week, using the 6 exercises outlined in markos's ptc beginners program starting with the bar is exactly what i would do.

Squat 3x8
Bench 3x8 (add 2.5kg every second session)
Deadlift 3x8
Overhead press 3x8 (add only 1kg here OR repeat each weight 2 or 3 sessions each).
Row 3x8
Curls 3x8 (start with dbs instead, 5kg each).

Its super simple. It works. Its light enough to have time to learn the movements before it gets heavy.

Add 2.5kg to the bar every time you walk into the gym. Its sounds ludicrous i agree, but for a rank beginner with ZERO weight training experience i feel this to be the best way to get into it.

Following silly isolation programs and such at such an early training age i feel is very inefficient. And probably wouldnt be needed for atleast 1 year if I'm honest.

If you add 2.5kg every workout you'll be squatting and deadlifting 80kg for sets of 8.

Dont make the total reps required one day? Take it again the following week.

The only issue i can see if it being boring for some folk. Those folk are short sighted in my opinion and are missing the point about this game being about the long term, not the bullshit that is 'get big now'.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Id do that for a full year before i worried about anything else.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

A newbie with rapid gains and remarkable recovery powers should be training at least 4-5 times per week, not 3.

A newbie with rapid gains and remarkable recovery powers should be training at least 4-5 times per week, not 3.

I agree. They are weak as well, so not testing their recovery anyway. One of my biggest training regrets was when I was new to training, young and had plenty of spare time I listened to the rippletits theory that you train three times a week or you overtrain.

When you are young and new you can train every day of the week, twice a day and be fine.

I think what you two talk about is very subjective, some older blokes I know are doing very well working out everyday on minimal ( one or two) exercises everyday.
And while I agree beginners could benefit a lot working out everyday that doesn't last long depending on many factors the most important being intensity of work.

Yes it is subjective and some generalising. There will always be exceptions to any rules.