• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeh its amazing the number people you meet who are from lebanon or where ever the fuck, but born and raised here. few say they are aussie or an aussie/whatever

being born here and being 5th gen aussie i could easilly tell everyone im aussie, but i dont as its pretty obvious i was raised elsewhere.

on the flip side if all these asylum seekers started walking around claiming to be strayan after being here a month, would be the same uproar

No they have not forgotten, I am one of them so will give you some insight.
They assimilated, got jobs, paid taxes, blended in and adapted to the culture.
Now even they don't agree how some of the new refugees isolate themselves, demand cultural changes and use the system. Some believe that they are simply using and not respecting the country these old immigrants help to build and love.
Very true Grunta, I and my family were migrants as well.
It was a different time 60 or so years ago, Greeks, Italians etc were still from the western world with the cultural difference mainly being the type of food they ate.
Today it's completely different, The so-called refugees we see today are polar opposites to the way we live and think, culturally, religiously, ideologically, politically, most of them come from countries where their lives are run by their religion and they bring it with them along with all the trouble that comes with it.
So what happens when you bring together such differences, more harm than good unfortunately, I'm talking generally here as there are always exceptions to the rule.

As a microcosm of society take a look at prisons for instance, if you as a white guy were in there where would you hang out and who would you associate with? like everybody else, you'd be drawn to your own kind, you won't see too many white blokes make a bee line for the all black group in the prison courtyard (unless you like to live dangerously) or a protestant hang with Hindu group or even worse, a Muslim heading for the group of Jews.

This isn't racist before somebody objects, it's a fact of life, it's what we are.
For it to work, Immigrants and legitimate refugees, if they really want a better life for themselves, need to adjust and accept OUR way of life and OUR laws and learn OUR language and leave all their religious and political baggage back in the country they came from, which you would presume it was the very reason they left in the first place.

People use too much confirmation bias. The assume that refugees don't try to assimilate, based on what some racist shouted or a news story. Then they ignore the thousands that are peaceful members of of the community that have assimilated.

It was the same in the 60-70s with Europeans and Asians. They kept to themselves as they didn't know any better (as we all do in a new environment). Then they become members of the community and life goes on.

It's funny that the racists complain about the refugees using our welfare systems when a third of the national budget is consumed by centrelink payouts, most of which these people are likely claiming. Then again racists and uneducated people aren't strong with logic.

Last edited:
People use too much confirmation bias. The assume that refugees don't try to assimilate, based on what some racist shouted or a news story. Then they ignore the thousands that are peaceful members of of the community that have assimilated.

It was the same in the 60-70s with Europeans and Asians. They kept to themselves as they didn't know any better (as we all do in a new environment). Then they become members of the community and life goes on.

It's funny that the racists complain about the refugees using our welfare systems when a third of the national budget is consumed by centrelink payouts, most of which these people are likely claiming. Then again racists and uneducated people are strong with logic.

Why do you 'racists', because they have a different view to you?
look up the meaning of 'racist' before you and so many others start throwing that word around again and mostly using it out of context.
Frankly, I find your view naive and ignorant, maybe it's just your age.

A racist is someone with an uneducated or unjustified dislike for a race. Exactly what all these unemployed and whinging "protesters" are. I'm actually amazed that some news stations give them a voice.

What I want to know is what does "our way of life" actually mean? To be a deadshit who has more kids than teeth? Because that's who I see shouting this phrase, usually while intoxicated while the kids are home with the defacto smoking meth.

Why do you 'racists', because they have a different view to you?
look up the meaning of 'racist' before you and so many others start throwing that word around again and mostly using it out of context.
Frankly, I find your view naive and ignorant, maybe it's just your age.

It's like it's a race these days especially on social medial to be the first to call people or certain viewpoint racist.

If you're out on the streets protesting against other races coming to a country, that's the definition of racist lol.

You don' think the same was said generations ago when previous ethnic groups moved in to specific areas, particularly somewhere like Melbourne? Now a couple of generations later it's no longer the case, and the same thing will happen. Groups congregate together for legitimate social reasons and in many cases (like asylum seekers) are placed there by the government. Should they be encouraged to spread out? Yes. Will it happen over the next couple of generations as it has with previous immigrant groups. Yes. Does what you're saying about usury relate to the majority? I don't think so. Meanwhile, try not to buy into the hyperbole.

think this is a bit closer to the money than other posts here.

when I lived in africa, i lived in a predominantly white expat community, why wouldn't i want to hang out with my own people? and if i was still there I would still be doing that.

and how many here have invited a refugee round for a beer? everyone tells them to assimilate and learn our way of life, but who is helping them do this?

A racist is someone with an uneducated or unjustified dislike for a race. Exactly what all these unemployed and whinging "protesters" are. I'm actually amazed that some news stations give them a voice.

What I want to know is what does "our way of life" actually mean? To be a deadshit who has more kids than teeth? Because that's who I see shouting this phrase, usually while intoxicated while the kids are home with the defacto smoking meth.
Nope, no wonder so many throw that word around like it's the new black.
Simply put......

Racist - a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another and has the right to dominate them.

Hopefully now that you have idea as to what it means, you'll start using that word more sparingly.

Are you being racist now?

I would bet plenty of people on both sides of those protests are unemployed. One side probably with a lot of arts degrees.

Nope, no wonder so many throw that word around like it's the new black.

It's getting thrown around a lot because a lot of racists think it's now acceptable to spew their shit in public. It's a calculated reaction.

[MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION] dont start throwing symantics about, racism is why people don't want immigrants coming here. hence most non racist people dont give a fuck

Trump - Republican Nominee

So who here has said they have problems with immigrants. As established most of us are here as a result of immigrants not long ago.

I have an issue with people that want to change our way of life regardless of who they are.

Will probably still be called racist but whatever.

So who here has said they have problems with immigrants. As established most of us are here as a result of immigrants not long ago.

I have an issue with people that want to change our way of life regardless of who they are.

Will probably still be called racist but whatever.

but the reality is they arn;t changing your way of life, its all fear mongering by you guessed it..racists. its not that hard to see through..well maybe for you i guess