• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
In your first breathe you claim that low voter turn out was due to people not voting due to the other Party being known to have a massive majority in that area. Next breathe you say "Trump thrashed Clinton in the area where it counted. Contradicting self much

In your first breathe you claim that low voter turn out was due to people not voting due to the other Party being known to have a massive majority in that area. Next breathe you say "Trump thrashed Clinton in the area where it counted. Contradicting self much
Clinton got thrashed at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

That's right - Electoral College is what counts - proportional representation. No tyranny of the majority in the US, otherwise the counties with the highest populations would have the largest say how how the rest of the country is governed. I suggest you read up more on how US politics works, it's not like Australia. Here is a good link - it predates Trump so IMO it's not influenced by the current events http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/

Remember that the US is not as contiguous as Australia.

No tyranny of the majority in the US

You really would have been in your element in the pre-federation Americana days. :D

That's right - Electoral College is what counts - proportional representation. , otherwise the counties with the highest populations would have the largest say how how the rest of the country is governed. I suggest you read up more on how US politics works, it's not like Australia. Here is a good link - it predates Trump so IMO it's not influenced by the current events http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/

Remember that the US is not as contiguous as Australia.

Can you explain to me how, as I may well be missing a fundamental part of the concept, the Electoral College system is proportional representation when the 'winner takes all' element can mitigate the effect of the majority vote and the number of Electors is not proportional to the State/County vote proportions

'The reason that the Constitution calls for this extra layer, rather than just providing for the direct election of the president, is that most of the nation’s founders were actually rather afraid of democracy.'

Much of this system is about as relevant to today's society as the Second Amendment.

You really would have been in your element in the pre-federation Americana days. :D

Can you explain to me how, as I may well be missing a fundamental part of the concept, the Electoral College system is proportional representation when the 'winner takes all' element can mitigate the effect of the majority vote and the number of Electors is not proportional to the State/County vote proportions

'The reason that the Constitution calls for this extra layer, rather than just providing for the direct election of the president, is that most of the nation’s founders were actually rather afraid of democracy.'

Much of this system is about as relevant to today's society as the Second Amendment.

I would have thought that it would be apparent by the map that I linked - all of the states are given electoral college votes in amounts roughly based on population. Given that the US is a coalition of states in a Republic, the 'popular' vote isn't relevant, as it does not really reflect the views of all of the states (only the most heavily populated ones).

I don't recall seeing any whinging from Democrat supporters in 2008 when Obama got the nomination in the primaries despite Clinton getting a higher popular vote.

Anyone else notice how Bozo's posts contradict each other.

Remember when Von was pushing the NRA propaganda and Bozo started trying to emulate Von. Only problem is Von is a lot older and wiser, whereas Bozo Propaganda has more holes through it than Swiss Cheese does.

Us aussies still getting high and mighty about yanks voting trump in. We voted Gillard. How embarrassing is that.

Us aussies still getting high and mighty about yanks voting trump in. We voted Gillard. How embarrassing is that.

I cant remember, did we actually vote her in? Didn't we vote Dudd in and she shafted him like the stumpy ranga that she is?

Apparently the Trump camp is in chaos and World Leaders have been just dialling up Trump Tower to get through to him.

Any of you kunce wanna try. Phone number is 0011 1 212 832 2000.

Go to it!

This isn't about Trump, or how could people have voted for Trump, this is about an environment that has been created, an environment that has become fertile, very much fertile for people like Trump to become accepted, where 10 or 20 years ago they may not have been so welcomed. In other words the way I see it is like this: Trump didn't win, we have lost.

We have lost trust in politicians as a whole; we have lost trust in people who promise but do not deliver, we have lost faith in people who place others' interests before ours. Trump comes along and says you know what people, I am with you, because I too have lost trust with and in the same people who come along with their attractive (yet cheap) rhetorics..., vote for me because I am the disappointed you; the fed up you, I am and will be your voice where it counts the most. And that's how (in my opinion) Mr. Donald Trump was elected. He did not win, others have simply lost.

Last edited: