• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
what shits me here is that I am prepared to do low wage jobs here, but employers rule me out because I am too qualified.

I don't get that. I hear people say that and I think its often bullshit. Not saying it is in your case but I think some people use it as an excuse for not getting a job and making themselves feel better or the boss says that as an way to let someone down easy for not getting the job.

I've never not hired someone for being overqualified. If it's actually an issue don't put the extra qualifications on the application.

I think the US has a number of faults which ew much to the complexity of its political system and historical development.

However, that is their choice, and there are always two sides to the story in weighing up strengths and weaknesses.

For Australia, its plight, which is getting more serious by the day, owes much to a lucky country mentality, albeit I am sure glad my parents moved here.

I was yapping to a guy in Singapore last week, funny system over there.
Wealthy country, low taxes, everyone seems to do OK over there, but no super or pension, so when you get old, don't have significant savings, don't have kids or they're not willing look after you, you're basically fucked.

Yep. The thing about America is there is such a gap between the haves and the have nots. There is an 'underclass' of disadvantaged people who will never break the cycle of poverty, who will never have health care, who will never have a safety net of social security and they cling to any celebrity figure or just any hope.

The Republicans want to keep that great divide between the haves and have nots because they, the Republicans are the business owners (or funded by big business) who want the extreme low wages, the poor working conditions for their employees and the low taxes for the rich because it keeps the cost of their Businesses down and their profits up.

"The Boss" Bruce Springsteen said it best in his "Born in the USA" song, when he sang about the plight of the American 'underclass':

"Born down in a dead man's town
The first kick I took was when I hit the ground
End up like a dog that's been beat too much
Till you spend half your life just covering up .........

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go
"

<em>

Such an indictment on American Society! :(

The Democrats have been in power for quite a while now El Floppy, how come there is still poverty in the good old U S of A hhmmm?

Market forces setting wages is natural. But when there's a minimum wage which doesn't allow a person to have the basic necessities of life, where they have to work two or even three jobs, that's a disgrace.

Republicans keep wanting to cut minimum wages and working conditions for those most vulnerable and at the same time wanting to give tax cuts to the Rich.

You seen any of those intellectually handicapped people etc going to work in those factories here in Australia? It's a sad site. In America, those kind of people fucked. No protection from kunts like Trump.

No healthcare, no safety nets etc.

The Democrats have been in power for quite a while now El Floppy, how come they still have a low minimum wage and tax cuts for the rich in the good old U S of A hhmm?

what shits me here is that I am prepared to do low wage jobs here, but employers rule me out because I am too qualified.

There's a good reason for that I think Spart
An employer pretty much knows that in cases like yours with high qualifications a lower paid job is just a gap fill until you find something better so more than likely you won't be hanging around for very long while the employer is looking for someone more long term.

The Democrats have been in power for quite a while now El Floppy, how come there is still poverty in the good old U S of A hhmmm?

Non compulsory voting has proven to favour the Conservative parties. That's why Republicans and our Liberal party favour non compulsory voting. The self interest will always vote (for their self interest) and the most self interested people are the Conservatives who don't give a fuck about the disadvantaged.

Studies have proven that the less likely to vote are the disadvantaged and uneducated. That's why America sits further to the Right of the Political spectrum than we do.

Democrats can't do a whole lot due to the ruthless self interest Republicans, sadly.

Took you two days to come up with that Durko? You're battling as much Trump.

Non compulsory voting has proven to favour the Conservative parties. That's why Republicans and our Liberal party favour non compulsory voting. The self interest will always vote (for their self interest) and the most self interested people are the Conservatives who don't give a fuck about the disadvantaged.

Studies have proven that the less likely to vote are the disadvantaged and uneducated. That's why America sits further to the Right of the Political spectrum than we do.

Democrats can't do a whole lot due to the ruthless self interest Republicans, sadly.

Took you two days to come up with that Durko? You're battling as much Trump.

My point is that 30 years ago there was a difference between parties and what they stood for however, today there is zero difference between them and no matter whether they are democrats, republicans, liberal or labor they ALL serve their own self interest and give zero fucks to the man and woman out in the street.

but I do find your misplaced loyalty and naivety amusing.
Oh, and if voting here was not compulsory then labor would have buckley's chance of ever getting voted in as the dole bludgers and ferals wouldn't be bothered to vote :D

Last edited:
My point is that 30 years ago there was a difference between parties and what they stood for however, today there is zero difference between them and no matter whether they are democrats, republicans, liberal or labor they ALL serve their own self interest and give zero fucks to the man and woman out in the street.

:D WTF!!!!

Republicans want further tax cuts for the Rich which Democrats oppose. Democrats trying to introduce Healthcare for the disadvantaged and Republicans fighting tooth and nail to reject it. And you say there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats or Liberal and Labour.

You tripping dude :D

To me this US election is about who has the potential to fuck shit up worse. And for me this is trump by a long way.

There's a good reason for that I think Spart
An employer pretty much knows that in cases like yours with high qualifications a lower paid job is just a gap fill until you find something better so more than likely you won't be hanging around for very long while the employer is looking for someone more long term.

true.

Phark to facebook, twitter and the Kardashians. Trump is far more entertaining. Its like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Or Cartman doing a spaz attack on hippies.

Got mah popcorn. Ready for the final debate.

The Boss Bruce Springsteen tells it like it is "Trump is a flagrant, toxic narcissist with no sense of decency".